These Are a Few Of My…(pt.-1)

Over the course of the past 16 months, my daughter and I attempted a Photo365 project to commemorate her 30th year and my 60th. Unfortunately, many of her photos were lost when her iPhone took an unexpected bath. I did manage to finish my side of the equation, although I had to dig for 10 photos that were lost on my iPhone. In crawling through this album to find those missing photos, I was reminded of a lot of things I really like and I thought I’d share these as my Thanksgiving posts (yeah, it’s gonna take two).

I thought about categorizing these, but I seem to like family, rivers, cranes, clouds, sunrises and sunsets, tobacco fields, buildings under construction, pets, random stuff, wood working, snow blowing, fog, lines and probably a few more things. I’ll add those to post two. Let’s get onto some photos. Note: I tried to make this easy by putting the description in the title but it only shows a single line. If you want to read more, you can click on any photo in any group to start a slideshow of that group.

There now, that wasn’t so bad was it? I’m going to break these into small groups, but since there are words with each one, I’m not going to add a lot of text in between.

Winter hung on a long time in New England. I had to start going elsewhere to find some color.

Looking for photos along my daily commute caused me to notice the way the view changes as the sun starts rising earlier. Of course, then we go and mess with that and set the clocks ahead but that’s a different and less thankful post.

That’s a little bit more than six months of the photo365 project. I’ll share the rest in a few days.

This entry was posted in Family, New England Life, Photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to These Are a Few Of My…(pt.-1)

1. Great shots. I was just about to sleep when I got the notification about your new post. Couldn’t wait for it till morning so checked it right away. You are certainly a better photographer than me.

2. Bob Zagami says:

Quite an undertaking, thanks for sharing your great photographs.

what a cool thing you and your daughter did. Great photos–especially the mask so the cat doesn’t get sick. I love that one!

4. These photos are great, Dan. Sorry to hear about your daughter’s phone and pictures. The sheep is adorable..

5. jolynnpowers says:

it is funny what we take photos of and that we are never in any of the good photos… I loved the idea and it has made me want to get back into the weekly photo challenge I was part of last year. I just have to say that I am glad that I am not the only person out their loves power lines, cranes and fog… cant wait to see the rest.

6. kcg1974 says:

What a terrific idea to commemorate your birthdays!!! Your daughter is beautiful, Dan! I so enjoyed each and every photograph, for different reasons, of course. Perfect post. Thank you for sharing it with all of us here at WordPress. :)

7. Sammy D. says:

Wonderful collage – springtime fountain & trees, cemetery and I’ve never heard of Mini Moo’s :-)

Thanks Sammy. I really like taking pictures in the morning in that cemetery, and of course, at the park by the river. Mini Moos are the best. I think Land’o Lakes owns them now.

8. Kelly Grace says:

Dan I love that you’re still making memories with your daughter! It’s great when our kids grow up to be our friends. I love the ‘sheep shot’, but my favorite is the birds in the Tobacco field. Faith is a lucky girl and you are one blessed guy.

9. Damyanti says:

Amazing shots, Daniel. I’ve been traveling, with rather spotty internet, but I’m so glad I got to see these. Happy birthday to both of you, and here’s to many more to come!

10. Great challenge idea and nice thought of sharing the pics as a Thanksgiving gift for us. Some of them are really cool. Being away from the snow, I love the New England combo of blue skies and white snow. I know it’s cold and long, but the pictures are so gorgeous. Looking forward to the sequel.

Thanks. I think the follow-up should show some of the summer shots and at least one from fall. The four seasons are the best part about New England. The timing works out too. I just finished raking leaves as I was getting sick of that chore and now I’m ready for the snow that is in the forecast for tomorrow night.

11. Henry greene says:

Dan, nice photos
    We need you back in toasties
    Think of all of the stories you could tell
    About your photos

hope all is going well

Henry

Thanks Henry. I’ve often thought that my experience in Toastmasters has helped my writing as well as my public speaking. I am gradually removing myself from some of the competing obligations, so I might be able to make it back after April, at least on a periodic basis.

Such great photos Dan!

13. Sandi says:

You have some lovely pictures here, Dan — lots of great sky and road shots; the tobacco fields; scenes around Hartford: you’re good at framing the shot (says the person who is halfway through Photo 101). Loved the pictures of the pets and your beautiful daughter..

Thanks Sandi. I have to give some credit to both my wife and my daughter. I have several versions of most of these, and I often relied on my wife’s instincts to pict the one to be the photo-of-the-day. Her and my daughter also both encourage me to work harder for the right shot.

14. LadyPinkRose says:

Dan, these are astonishing shots!!! I LOVE this post! What a lot of work you did putting it together. Great job, friend! Love, Amy

15. oo you got some really good shots there :)

16. shops4shoes says:

These photos are so beautiful, Dan! Were you only using your iPhone? I have wanted to do a similar “photo a day” challenge. Maybe I’ll stick to it next year and add it to the list of “intentions!”

Can’t wait to see Part 2!

Some truly amazing shots. I love the ICE STORM pic. Capturing those droplets is wonderful. And the kitty looks polite.

18. Beautiful! I like how you put together the collage.