These Are a Few Of My…(Pt 2)

One of the things that participating in a Photo365 challenges showed me is how much beauty is around me and what little effort is required to see it. With the exception of a few business trips and a couple of personal visits, my pictures are from my normal routine. The vast majority of my Photo365 photos came from the side of the road during my daily commute or walking around in my yard.

Sometimes, the best shots are the ones you can’t get, you’re moving too fast or there’s no safe place from which to take the picture. Faith and I often said that Photo365 participants should be able to have a light-bar that would allow them to stop on the highway for a photo. Sometimes though, I was inspired to get off the highway and get to a sidewalk or a parking lot so I could get the shot. That’s when I realized that these scenes are here, every day and that I shouldn’t need a reason to stop. OK, staying safe is a pretty good reason, but you know what I mean.

I’ve broken the second half of the year into four groups. If you’re interested in seeing the entire album you can follow this link. Follow this link to see the truncated album Faith was working on.

If you’re in the US, I hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Regardless of where you live, I hope you find some time to think about the things you are thankful for. I am thankful for having love and beauty in my life and for having the many friends I’ve met through this community.

BTW, if you’ve ever wondered how to tell what date the pictures on your iPhone were taken, I suggest ExifWizard. That little ap came in very handy when I was trying to find the missing Photo365 photos that were on my phone.

This entry was posted in Family, New England Life, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to These Are a Few Of My…(Pt 2)

Happy Thanksgiving, Dan! Enjoyed the post.

2. ellierayne says:

Love the pictures Dan, it is simply marvelous

Fantastic pics, Dan. Our Thanksgiving was last month, but every day is a good day to be thankful. So happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

4. Don says:

Wonderful images Dan. You’re right, there is so much beauty around. By the way, I concur, I also wish there was some kind of light-bar that enabled you to stop along the highway. Had many a sad moment in missing a great pic. :-)

5. gpcox says:

Dan, let me wish you and yours the very best in well wishes this Thanksgiving Day!!!!!!

6. LadyPinkRose says:

Dan, again your photos are all so good. I do have a favorite this time. It is the one with the sun setting in the tobacco fields. That drew me immediately. There is just a sense of mystical in it. The colors and the way you caught the rays of the sun. Beautiful! Love, Amy

7. shops4shoes says:

Loved Part 2! The sky is so beautiful in your neck of the woods. I miss seeing the pink in the sky – we don’t get much of that here in SK!

8. Your photos are really good. But Maddie? She’s too adorable.

The one with the sun setting behind and between the barns is beautiful capture. As are the rest of them. Why does the world look more beautiful in the photos, anyway? Just wondering.

10. Beautiful photos! I need to grab my camera and take some photos of nature.

11. More photos, please. =)

The kitten and the sunrise or sunset were sweet, I also liked the young lady on horseback. She may be a relative, daughter of yours? Anyway, I wish the world were better place, but am glad to be still here, with my children and grandchildren making my world special. I appreciated all the thoughts you put into this, Dan. It was a special post!