Go Go Yellow Snow

clip_image002“Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “go.”  Ready, set, GO!

I’m postponing todays scheduled post to meet the challenge of the SoCS prompt. For the full effect, imaging yourself tethered to an Irish Setter in a below-zero, ice-encrusted, snow-packed back yard. For obvious reasons, I’m not sharing a lot of pictures.

“Let’s go Maddie!”

“No, we’re not going to take the Frisbee out with us. You have stuff to do.”

“No, you can’t go up there. We didn’t come out here to play.”

“Maddie, it’s cold, can you just go? Please.”

Irish Setter

I know I have things to do, but it snowed. I want to play in the snow.

“Yes, I hear the other dog barking. No, you can’t go play with him. You have things to do here. You can play later.”

“Let’s go pup, wrap it up!”

“Maddie, let’s go while we’re young!” (I do say that sometimes because it always reminds me of Caddyshack).

“Maddie – just GO!”

“Ouch, how can you go there? Isn’t that cold on your…?”

“Good girl, thank you. Let’s go get a cookie.”

This entry was posted in Humor, Pets, SoCS and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Go Go Yellow Snow

1. Charming post, Dan, i like it very much…and Maddie is a beauty.

Best Wishes

john

So funny, Dan. When we had our 2 dogs, this was the very same conversation, but in the rain. In their head I just knew they were asking us: why are you holding that thing over you? Does it keep you dry? How come we’re standing on this side of the house? We’ve never been here before. And on and on. It always ended just like you and Maddie–Just GO! I love this!

Thanks Lois. I know that every dog owner has had this conversation. When I lived in Seattle, I had a dog who wouldn’t go in the rain (bad combo). I used to have to hold the umbrella over her!

3. Hope Floats says:

Very funny and oddly reminded me of potty training my daughter sans snow and frozen girly bits.

4. Love this Dan. So glad I don’t have yellow snow.

Cute post, Dan! When I saw the title though, I was sure there was going to be an Inspector Gadget reference somewhere! “Go-Go-Gadget arms!”

Cookie? Did you say cookie?

7. Ha! Sounds just like my mornings with Cody. I especially love it when she decides to stray off the path into the deeper snow drifts to do her business and then falls over as soon as she tries to squat in the deep snow. Silly dog.

Maddie looks very, very huggable!

8. lauramacky says:

Maddie is adorable!

9. You had me at yellow snow. NOT what I expected, because I figured it would be something about a guy’s drinking contest. . .

10. I think most dog owners can relate to this one!
    When I take the dog out, she runs around, checking her perimeter, and she makes, but if I don’t call her after, she’ll keep running around the yard!
    When The Mister takes the dog out, she goes out, she makes, she runs back. I believe this has something to do with her night-time cookie, but I cannot prove it.
    When it’s -10 or below tho, she’ll go to the first bit of yard and make, then run back, because she’s a dog, not an idiot ;) lol
    In another month, I’ll be complaining that she’s focused on squirrels instead of doin her business, so you know, it is what it is!

If we just let Maddie go, she will wander all over the yard, check the perimeter, bark, smell and investigate everything before coming back in. Then she will look up as if to say “I forgot to pee, can I go back out?” That’s why we still take her out on a leash in first thing in the AM and last time at night. She doesn’t seem to know that it’s 10-below. Thanks for stopping by.

She treats us equal, but sometimes, if the Mrs lets her out, she will come in for me and vise versa – I have no idea why.

Seems to me you have the solution – she responds well to the Mister.

11. Rachael Charmley says:

So enjoyed this, Dan. Really made me smile. She looks like a much loved handful!

12. LindaGHill says:

Haha! Love it. You surprised me with your interpretation of the word “go” – hadn’t thought of that one. Maddie’s gorgeous!

13. Cute post on go. :)

14. Aw, Maddie is so cute!

15. Kelly Grace says:

Oh the things we do for love! Awesome convergence here between a new pup and a cold, cold winter and SoCS. And—Maddie is a doll.

16. Sammy D. says:

Ha ha. Love it! Thought from the title we were getting a Dr. Seuss rhyme 🐾

17. LOL! I wish I could be a happy and comfortable to be out in the freezing cold as your Maddie.

I wish I was a happy as she was when we are out there. I guess that would solve the problem. The problem is that Irish Setters don’t get a winter coat. She shouldn’t be out there that long either.

18. Jill's Scene says:

Oh, but she’s so cute!

“Maddie, let’s go while we’re young!”–I love this one! But does Maddie understand? The way she’s looking at you in the photo, one would think she understands.

They say that Irish Setters have “an impish sense of humor” so I think she does understand and that she’s just messing with us. Actually, she is just so very curious that anything is more interesting than the task she came out to do.