Thursday Doors – First Day

My friend Norm has a number of series running on his blog. One of them is called Thursday Doors and I’ve always found it intriguing. Norm has featured some fascinating doors in this feature. He has often invited others to join him, and I have often said that I might.

Last week he made it official. He setup a process whereby those of us who want to participate can share our doors with Norm and others. OK, enough talking, here’s my door.

Nixon House

That’s the front door of the birthplace of Richard M. Nixon. America’s 37th President. The house was reconstructed on the grounds of his Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, CA. I’m not quite certain that the door is prominent enough for this series, but I like it.

This entry was posted in Photography, Thursday Doors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Thursday Doors – First Day

1. gpcox says:

I like it too, Dan.

I like it, also! what a cute little house.

Good one Dan. I love doors that have historical significance.

4. I like it too. It’s a sweet little house. Looks welcoming and cozy. Details make all the difference. When we were looking at houses this last time, we had been fond of one with similar details. I called it Little Red Riding Hood’s house. (The inside was not charming, hence we do not live there. lol)

5. powerhouse244 says:

I really like norm’s doors too – and this one you give us here has that cottage feel – and Dan, I have to admit that my favorite part of this door is the way it coordinates with the windows – and the tree foliage – cheers

6. LadyPinkRose says:

I too like it, Dan. I Love the lattice work in not only the door, but the windows as well. Nice shot! Love, Amy

7. Don says:

I like it Dan. The door and the light go well together. I’m always fascinated by the way you build houses in America. I was taken to a build in South Carolina when I was there some years back. The amount of wood and the way it was all structured together was marvellous to see. Sorry, forgot, the subject is doors. :-)

Thanks Don. Judging from the materials available to me on home centers, I get the feeling that we are drifting away from doing too many things with wood. When I did a renovation on our house, I tried to use a very old technique of having some elements of the outside trim “telegraph” the interior structure. Nothing dramatic, just that in a couple of places, what appears to be a peaked roof line actually ends with a small horizontal space. I chose to add a small horizontal section to the trim boards on the gable ends. Nobody but those of us on the inside understands the connection (well, now you do).

8. Sammy D. says:

That’s a perfect door – with patterns!! I love doors and windows so posts like this are always fun.

9. I like it. It looks like the door of a non-crook.

10. It’s a cool door, especially along side the matching windows. Fun series, Dan. Hugs.

11. It is a beautiful door. And this Door photo theme is neat too. Doors are the eyes of a home. Looking forward to more! 😊

12. Dan, I can’t see the door you posted. I’m reading from my iPad, so I don’t know if that’s an issue.
    I did go over to Norm’s blog and looked at his door. This is a nice idea. I’ll be paying more attention to doors now.

13. I always love having this type of home someday. In Mumbai, buying an apartment itself is becoming a distant dream.

This door/house is the very definition of “quaint”. I’m picturing all the trim painted a very dark green or black and the lattice painted red. Am I sick…?

I think the door is fine.

I a-DOOR what you’ve done here, Dan.

17. Pingback: Thursday Doors–Reed/Niland Corner | No Facilities