Announcing the Cherished Blogfest

I know. I’ve been talking all week about how I stink at organized blog activities, but I’m one of the organizers of a Blogfest? WTH? That’s like putting me in charge of the checkbook, or asking me to guard the bacon, or to take fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies to a bake sale.

You might not think this makes any sense, but it does.

A blogfest is a great way to meet new people, see what they have to say and get your stuff in front of them. I’ve never been part of a blogfest, but, as I understand it, it’s pretty easy:

All you have to do is to write a blog post. Post it at the designated time. Fill out a Linky thing, read a few posts, and give us your first-born child.

Oh?

Apparently, we dropped that last requirement?

Official Story

For the Cherished Blogfest, we – Paul Ruddock, Peter Nena, Sharukh Bamboat, Tom Benson, Damyanti Ghosh and me – invite you to talk to us about one of your cherished objects. Tell us what it is, post a picture of it if you like, and tell us why you cherish it.

Keep your post to 500 words, and join us on the 24th, 25th and 26th of July 2015 in sharing memories, emotions, information.

Place the badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media.

Above all, join us in making new connections, and renewing old ones. Sign up in the Cherished Linky List, which will open in a new window.

I hope you will consider joining this blogfest. Additionally, I hope you will check out the blogs of my fellow organizers and Cheryl, another member of our group (who provided the image behind the Cherished badge). These people are all very good writers. Some write fiction, some have been published and some write non-fiction. I have benefited from their support and I am in awe of their ability.

I’ve written enough this week. I’ll be having a beer with you guys tomorrow, and then I will give you a break for a few days. Thanks for reading, liking, commenting and supporting my writing.

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

This entry was posted in Blogging, Prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

91 Responses to Announcing the Cherished Blogfest

I would never trust you in bringing the fresh-baked cookies to the bake sale, but I can believe you’re part of a Blogfest!

2. jolynnpowers says:

wow sounds fun remind us later to post I may forget

3. Prajakta says:

Oh! I will start hunting :)

4. So how do we join? Is the Linky thing the way?

5. C.E.Robinson says:

Great, fun idea, Dan! I’ve signed up. Now to think…what…which…cherished object! Christine

6. Sammy D. says:

Oh yea!!!! i’m grinning from ear to ear, and have a little tear in my eye, and I’m so proud of you and your Cherished blogfest organizers, and I just wish you hadn’t eaten all the bacon!!!!!

I already know which ‘Cherished’ I’m going to write about, but keeping it to 500 words will be a Challenge 😉

7. Pingback: Join in the “Cherished” blogfest for 2015… | echoesofthepen

8. I am IN! I have a cherished object that I’ve been dying to write a post about, but there just didn’t seen to be the right time. I’ll be there, with photo.

9. Damyanti says:

Lovely to have such a great response to the posts, Dan, and thankyou for all your support– it has been amazing working with you.

We’re already almost 30 signups in, and the list has barely been up a few hours!

How quickly the requirements change, right?! Funny one, Dan. Oh, gosh. So what is a linky thing? Remember, I just barely learned how to hyperlink (and open in a new window). This like going from arithmetic to calculus for me.

I look forward to reading this “Blog Fest,” Dan. Way to step up to the plate and be the organizer. I knew you had it in you :)

12. Great post Dan. I am certainly excited about this one. :)

13. Your role suits you. I chuckled while reading this, Dan. I love to laugh. The process seems easy enough, too.

14. Pingback: Join the “Cherished” blogfest for 2015… | Indie Author Support and Discussion

15. Don says:

Sounds very interesting Dan.

16. Day late and a Dollar short…bummed I missed this!

OK, I’m in, Dan. Now, to select the cherished object and then to remember to write about it! thanks for giving us time to think on this one, I may need it. PS: I am also not trustworthy with bacon or chocolate chip cookies, but I think you know that ;-)

18. Sammy D. says:

Reblogged this on bemuzin and commented:
    Hey!! Help us celebrate the first-ever Cherished BlogFest I hope you will join. Fun bloggers, fun topic, and minimal amount of time or effort. You’ll see a link at the end of the post. All you have to do is click it and add your blog URL. You KNOW you want to!!

19. I can’t be trusted with bacon either. Chocolate chip cockies maybe but not oatmeal raisin cookies or cash in a paint store. I’m in. Will reblog too!

20. Lady Ella says:

Hello Dan. Heard about this via In My Playroom. Sounds great! One question: is the idea to write three consecutive pieces about one cherished object, or three pieces about three objects? Or one post any time over the three days? (OK, that’s two questions…)

21. Reblogged this on D.Katie Powell Art and commented:
    I will be part of the Cherished Blogfest (a long weekend) in July. Anyone else want to do this with me? You can read all about it by going over to the very wonderful Dan Antion’s “NoFacilities” blog.

22. Pingback: Announcing the Cherished Blogfest | D.Katie Powell Art

23. Dani says:

Sounds pretty fun, Dan.
    Enjoy the Fest.

Best,
    Dani

24. Debbie D. says:

What a lovely idea for a blogfest. I wandered over here from Damyanti’s post. Nice to meet you and thanks for hosting this. :)

25. Pingback: You Blog How Often? | No Facilities

26. This is a great idea Dan, you can definitely count me in!! Good on you for hosting this!!

27. marjma2014 says:

A very nice idea I may well join in the fun. Cherished item …. Very difficult for a self confessed hoarder! What will I pick?

28. Pingback: Shootin’ the Summer Breeze | bemuzin

29. marjma2014 says:

Reblogged this on kyrosmagica and commented:
    Fancy taking part in a Cherished BlogFest, look no further Dan Antion at No Facilities is holding one on the 24th, 25th, and 26th July. What might your cherished item be?

30. Pingback: Freshly Seen at Jill’s Scene | Jill's Scene

31. Eileen says:

Sorry, I screwed up on my first two attempts to post something. Didn’t do the “cherished object” thing. So, I finally got it and posted a third time….this one about an actual object. My bad.
    (I’m old, it’s dark in my brain, and I didn’t know what I was doing. :) )

32. Pingback: And Time Slips Away… | Mary J Melange

33. joannesisco says:

I came visiting from MJ’s post and have signed up too. This should result in some very interesting stories :)

34. Pingback: THE #CHERISHED #BLOGFEST: PRECIOUS SOUVENIR

35. Pingback: Cherished Blogfest 2015 | bemuzin

36. Marc Kuhn says:

Okay, I have no shame. I’m festing today and I’ve even written my 500 word piece two days ago…it was originally 800+ words. After us taking a chain saw to it, it now IS exactly 500 words…unless I find a mistake on another read. I will post it on my blog (mk4567blog.wordpress.com) on today (7/24). I will add my name to the Linky List. I will not, however, do the code thingie because I haven’t the slightest idea how to even access the code on my blog and once there I would have no idea how to determine where to lay in the section you provide. I can eat with a fork and spoon and that’s about as technical as I can handle. So if I am missing out because of this omission, it won’t be because my heart wasn’t in it. Hope your day is festering.

I am happy to have you participating and I look forward to reading your contribution. Don’t worry about the code, it’s not the easiest thing to add because you have to work around WordPress to do it. The important thing is that you are joining us. Kudus on editing 800 down to 500 – I’ve been there, that’s not easy.

37. Pingback: Cherished Blogfest 2015: Buddha Ball | Zenkatwrites's Blog

38. Pingback: Cherished | Jill's Scene

39. Pingback: Cherished Blogfest | Dawn Delivers

40. Pingback: Gratitude Journal: Ink! | D.Katie Powell Art

41. Pingback: cherished – market day | ….on pets and prisoners…..

42. Pingback: COME JOIN THE CHERISHED BLOGFEST