Javits Lines

I don’t normally participate in the photo prompts but today’s gives me a chance to post one of my favorite photos of one of my favorite buildings.

Javits Center

I attend a lot of conferences in the Javits Center in New York and I never leave without snapping a few photos of the glass and grid.

In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge: “Grid.”

This entry was posted in Photography, Prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Javits Lines

1. How very cool. I particularly like the way the light reflects off the walls and such, creating different spaces within the large space. Looks like an architectural beauty.

2. I used to love going there as well. Nice photo.

3. bryantduhon says:

AIIM Conference and Expo flashbacks!

Nice! I don’t know how practical glassed-in buildings are from a heating/cooling POV, but there’s no question they often have an eye-catching look.

5. I have enjoyed (??) a couple of exhibitions with you in this building so I am pleased to have been there and seen it. (Not sure about the first exhibition though if you remember!)

6. Jill's Scene says:

Dan, this is great! I think I might told you before that I’ve been to the Javitz Centre. Your photo brings back memories of a special day.

7. Don says:

Magnificent building Dan and such a good image. What also strikes me in the photo are the shadows cast on the floor. They are sheer art in themselves.

That is a beautiful building and you’ve done a great job capturing that beauty in your photo.

9. Great photo, Dan! Love all the lines and shadows. :) <3

10. Great photography, but genetically I’m more inclined towards old buildings like old churches and railway stations with all those Gothic structures.

What a great photo, Dan. Between all the grids and the shadow, and glass……wow!

12. Well done! Love that building!

13. lauramacky says:

What a great building! Nice light too.

I love the structural layout.

15. Pingback: WPC Careful | Book Lover Reviews