One Liner Wednesday – Debate

You make a good point.”

Venn Diagram

There should always be room for agreement and tolerance

Heard several times earlier this week during discussions with two different groups of people. Hearing that, from people on all sides of an issue, is a sign of a healthy debate.

Part of One-Liner Wednesday, an interesting series by  Linda G. Hill.

This entry was posted in Current Events, One Line Wed, Perspective, Prompt and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to One Liner Wednesday – Debate

1. *Agreed* Dan! Merry Christmas.

I agree! We could do with a dose of agreement more often. Common ground is becoming as hard to find as common sense!

This IS a good thing to hear. Unless it’s followed by “However …” O_o

4. joannesisco says:

A line we all love to hear when it’s directed at us :)

I need to ask a pointed question. If I traveled from point A to point B, traveling at 35 mph, how soon would I get to the candy store? (I don’t know what the point of my comment is, just wanted to say point several times.)

6. prior2001 says:

This is really great- such a short post Dan – but has good layered wisdom – make that smart overlapping (circles in the venn) – and this is a really great teaching tool for teens (which is where my head is at these days) – because the agree to disgrace and Reality of not seeing things the same is something we must learn about and then live wisely with – hm –

Thanks. I think this is a lesson a lot of people (teens and adults) could learn/relearn. Exchanging ideas is how we learn. Thanks for such a nice comment.

• prior2001 says:

My pleasure – and on my last blog I had a tips for “tips for teens” category and a few adults told me they got some things – and I think it was cs Lewis who said we need to remind ourselves of stuff as much as we learn new – or like you said – learn and “relearn” – ahhhh
        Be back later to catch up a bit more – and need to see your later door post

Dan, I like this “venn” chart and hope that the world will follow the “flow” and not forget to include a “pie” for the holidays, sharing the whipped cream. Then we can “circle” round the neighborhood and sing carols together.
    Hope a little humor, so out of character for me, may be acceptable. :D

8. LindaGHill says:

Definitely a good sign. Love the Venn diagram. :)