One-Liner Wednesday – Plumbing vs. Anatomy

“You need to call the building manager, the ladies room is a hot mess.

One of my duties in our small company is to deal with the landlord. Sometimes, I investigate the situation. At times like these, I just pass the information along. I’m not sure I want to know how women get “large puddles” on the floor.

This post is part of Linda G, Hill’s One-liner Wednesday.

This entry was posted in One Line Wed and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Plumbing vs. Anatomy

1. joannesisco says:

Ugh – women’s washrooms! I just shake my head sometimes.

This seems like a good time to ask how in God’s green earth there can be people who leave a restroom without washing their hands. I know a disturbing number of men don’t do it, and I’m told things aren’t much better on the women’s side. O_o

I know Paul. They say the most dangerous thing to touch in a public restroom is the door handle. I was hoping (still am) that this post didn’t go down a rat hole, but when this woman brought me this news, I though two things: 1) How on earth…? and 2) At least I’ll get a one-liner Wednesday out of this. When I talked to the building manager, he said that he’s seen gas station restrooms that were in better shape. There’s an image you don’t want stuck in your head.

3. I too am amazed at the mess in the women’s restrooms. When I worked in an office they were clean and usually tidy thankfully.

Apparently not the case in this building. One of the tenants on our floor is a training division for a local bank. Lot’s of people in and out who don’t normally work here. I don’t know why that matters, but…

4. I don’t want to know how 98% of the things that happen in the women’s restroom at the office happen… And I surely wish it had better ventilation…
    Oh and the property management company — they’re a “Green” building. They repeatedly let us run out of toilet tissue. Sorry, using hands instead is too “green.” :D
    Have yourself a wonderful Wednesday, Dan.

5. jan says:

There were so few women at my work place that the men actually used the ladies bathroom! I would blame them for any puddles!

I don’t blame you for not checking!!

7. Sorry you have the communication responsibility, but it did make a great Wednesday post. LOL You could really send this down a hole if people started commenting about public restrooms in general, but we won’t take it there. We’ll just chuckle and move on. :-)

8. C.E.Robinson says:

Geez Dan! The old dirty washroom thing! Yuck! I’ve seen a few! Probably why I’ve staked out the consistently clean public ones when out shopping! Have a sparkling Wednesday! Chryssa

9. The question of the puddles is one that needs to be left alone.

I’ll admit, when I first saw the words “ladies room” and “hot mess” at a quick glance, it immediately put a very distinct and very disgusting image in my head that I don’t want there, EVER. And let’s leave that at that. No need to get graphic. xP But happily, I can report that for the most part, the public bathrooms in my town are pretty decent. I’m not going to go eating off the floors or licking the door handles (not that I’d do that under ANY circumstance! O_o) or anything! But the times I’ve seen any real messes (hot or otherwise) are few and far between, I’m glad to say! Though I have met some women who are such slobs that I wouldn’t even let them into my house for coffee…

I hesitated before pushing ‘publish’ on this and I changed the title. It was one of those “this would be funny if it was someone else’s problem” moments. We’ve had some real slobs (men) as neighbors but the really gross ones moved out a couple of years ago.

I swear, I never leave puddles! LOL! I can attest to finding many womens’ rooms a hot mess, which is not a good reflection on my gender. Pet peeve? STOP BEING LAZY AND FLUSH THE DAMN TOILET. YOUR ARM IS NOT BROKEN! GROSS!

12. At the tea shop where I work part time, the restrooms are amazingly clean. I remarked just yesterday that we seem to have a high level of male clientele as they never seem to miss. :-) I’m very thankful for that.

13. Me neither, I would do the same!

Rain, water overflow on toilets or sinks. . . Why answers are not always gross. . . Ha ha! You as re just the “go to” expert, Dan. :D

15. LindaGHill says: