One-Liner Wednesday – Decisions

“It’s like whether or not to buy Girl Scout Cookies.”

Let’s face it, some decisions just aren’t that hard to make. I mean, Thin Mints are still only $4.00 a box. I like mine frozen and I tend to eat four, maybe six at a time with a glass of cold milk.

If you’re going to tell me how bad this annual habit of mine is, I’d like to point out that Thin Mints are Trans Fat free. In addition, there are no calories in Girl Scout Cookies because buying them is a charitable contribution, so the IRS gets the calories.

This is part of Linda G. Hill’s One-Liner Wednesday series. I’ll be trapped in a meeting by the time Linda wakes up, so that link is to her blog but not to the #1linerWeds post. I’ll update this as soon as I escape our meeting is over. Here’s the OLW link.

This entry was posted in Humor, One Line Wed and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Decisions

Very good cause, Dan. My grandsons sell much higher costing Boy Scout popcorn but I splurged on salty caramel can and didn’t regret it! :)

2. We all have to support our communities and our youth. Attaboy, Dan, for taking one for the team.
    Should I send the IRS a thank you note? No, probably not, because the less they see my name the better. :-)

3. You had me at “cookie”… Thin Mints took it over the top. :)

Thin Mmmmmmmints. My favorite!

We order GS cookies like it’s the end of the world. We still have a few boxes left even now. :D

6. I’d love to sent the IRS some calories!! I also like frozen cookies. Right now, I could keep them outside. :-)

7. joannesisco says:

Best line was that the IRS gets the calories! :)

Ooooooooooooh, thin mints.

9. Deborah says:

It’s too bad that the IRS can’t take a few other calories. :-)

Now if only the IRS would pay the $4!

11. Lol! The toughest decision for me is how many boxes of Thin Mints to purchase that will last til next year’s cookie campaign! I like mine frozen too.

The peanut butter chocolate ones the rest of the family likes best so I get those too.

12. Haha! Enjoy the cookies!

13. ghostmmnc says:

Yay for thin mints!!! Can’t wait for the little stand they have at the grocery store! :)

14. I think the decision is not how many boxes but how many times you need a 4 to 6 (I’ll bet its more like 6) cookie hit multiplied by the number of hits in a box. If it were me I’ll get a years supply.

15. jan says:

Oh boy. I remember having a freezer full of thin mints! Nowadays I generally just donate the four bucks!

16. LindaGHill says:

Girl Scouts sell Thin Mints there? I haven’t seen a Girl Scout in years. :(

I was never a Girl Scout (thank God!), but I loved the GS cookies from the early ’90s. They were either chocolate or vanilla, and they were to DIE for. Then they changed the recipe and so ended my love affair with these annual delights. And I’m so sorry, but I detest thin mints, or any mint/chocolate blending, really. Blech. O_o Which is strange though, considering I was wild about Andes Crème de Menthe — a layer of mint between two slabs of chocolate, all wrapped up in a pretty metallic green foil wrapper — when I was a kid. Now just the thought of one of those things makes me want to gag! :P

Ha ! I have a bowl of those Andes mints sitting on my bookshelf at work for people to snack on. I like the Thin Mints because they aren’t all that minty. Oh well, to each his/her own. And, let’s face it, you and me on the opposite sides of a brand/flavor battle isn’t exactly shocking :)

Also, for having never been a scout, you seem pretty capable :)

18. I’m waiting for GS Thin Mints to be GMO free. That’s my excuse.

19. I love the -no calories because it is for a good cause part! I think I may have the girls try that line out this cookie season. :) But it is amazing that so many people help the girls out every year! They appreciate every box you buy!