One-Liner Wednesday – Time

We have now entered the phase of chug it or chuck it

The flight attendants on Southwest always try to make their instructions and announcements a little more fun than the larger stuffy airlines. This was our flight attendant’s way of telling us that she and her crew were coming through the cabin to collect our drink cups and empty peanut bags.

After a busy few days on the road, this little but of levity was a very nice touch.

This post is part of Linda G. Hill’s One-Liner Wednesday series.

This entry was posted in Humor, One Line Wed, Travel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Time

1. Ha! Gets her point across, and grabs listener attention because it’s funny. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Dan. Hugs!

2. prior2001 says:

Nice to have a warning !

The Wall Street Journal published a great article on Southwest Airlines flight attendant humor. Here are two of the better lines:

“OK, people, it’s open seating, just like at church — saints up front, sinners in back,”

“Remember, this isn’t a furniture store. You’re only renting this seat for an hour.”

I hate the 10-30 minutes I can’t have a drink in my hand. lol But yeah, that’s cute phrasing! :)

A little humor is always welcome a welcome thing from flight attendants.

Fingers and brain not in synch this morning… welcome welcome :-P

7. It is the folks who find a little humor, a little joy in every moment that make it special for all of us.

I always fly Southwest, primarily for their great service, but also for their sense of humor. I remember one pilot, as we took off and experienced that slingshot, lifting feeling, going “Wheeeee” over the intercom. Another time a stewardess was going through the usual safety steps and said that if our air masks dropped to “wait for the free flow of alcohol — er, oxygen.” Humor definitely helps take the edge off, no question!

9. That’s funny! The stewardess’ and stewards have cracked me up while on Southwest too. Trouble is I can never remember the line unless I write it down straight-away.

Good to see humor is still alive and kicking in the world. Welcome home, Dan!!! <3

11. jan says:

We’ve had a few fun flights on Southwest! They know how to put people at ease. (well, some of their attendants.)

That’s hilarious! I don’t remember this kind of levity on my Southwest flight last October, but I do remember a very handsome and tall and adorable flight attendant.

Yeah, I’m not dead yet.

Ha ha – They seem to have calmed down a bit. For a while, they seemed to be trying to outdo one another. One guy, in reference to the oxygen masks said: “strap that butter cup on and pull the elastic” and I thought – that’s exactly what it looks like :)

13. I’m continually impressed with the people who make up Southwest. Not only do bags fly free, but so do the humor and cheerful service. I’d never fly any other airlines if that were possible.

14. Southwest is what capitalism is all about. The workers are all stockholders and they get more stock the better the performance.

Levity and humor are very important in stressful situations especially. Don’t think too often about chugging coffee! :)
    Weather jokes “wear thin,” unless good ones.

You have reminded me of a phrase I usually hear in the movies that I have come to like. “Bag em and tag em.”
    “Chug it or chuck it” is another fine one I must add to my favorites.

17. John Holton says:

That’s Southwest for you. I haven’t flown them much because the guy who ran it swore he’d never fly into and out of Atlanta (probably because one of the local pols didn’t like the bribe he offered), but when I lived in Chicago I took them a couple of times (I lived near Midway airport) and really enjoyed the experience.