Another Social Network?

One More Time

One More Time

I honestly can’t believe that I am writing this. Yes, another social network, I recently joined beBee. It must be true, because I told Word to add ‘beBee’ to my dictionary. The first step was to read a little bit about beBee, but for that I can blame thank Teagan Geneviene (talk about exercising your spell checker).

beBee, as far as I can tell, is a wanna-be (no pun intended) LinkedIn killer. That’s what first caught my attention. I don’t know about deserving of death, but LinkedIn sure could use a slap upside the head. Despite being the first network I joined, LinkedIn has become my least favorite social network. LinkedIn’s problems are numerous. I don’t want to turn this into a LinkedIn bashing rant, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t give you my take on the top three things they do wrong:

1) Contact abuse – LinkedIn constantly tries to get you to fork over access to your contact list so they can spam everybody in it with a connection invite. As far as I know, even Facebook doesn’t do that, and when you’re worse than Facebook at something, you’re bad. This behavior results in some people having 10s or 100s of connections with whom they never intend to interact, but with whom it will be suggested that I interact, ‘cuz I’m connected to their mistake.

2) Groups – I don’t know how beBee hopes to improve on group behavior, but groups in LinkedIn are broken. Except for the very few that I belong to that are moderated by tyrants, groups are spam magnets, or ongoing discussions where the same 15 comments are repeated, over and over, because LinkedIn tends to only show recent comments.

3) Gimmicks – LinkedIn keeps trying to force encourage interaction between members. Notice after notice: “see what your buddy X is doing” “So and so is having an anniversary” “Check out Joe’s new job.” Of course Joe’s new job is the result of him correcting a typo and X just connected to someone I don’t want to know. Don’t even get me started on Endorsements. I think they may have run their course, but they were clearly the worst – idea – ever.

The worst part about LinkedIn, for me, is its professional and economic focus. I’ve been told that some of my blog posts have been “inappropriate” for LinkedIn. Really? Why is that? It’s because they are more of a creative expression than a professional one. The fact that a lot of my connections on LinkedIn are with writers, seems to have no bearing on that assessment.

From what I’ve been able to discern, this last gripe with LinkedIn might be the sweet spot with beBee. Marketing itself as an “affinity network” that brings your personal and professional lives together. I like that idea, because I have a hard time keeping those two lives apart.

The notion of a purely professional space seems completely at odds with the nature of social media.”

I don’t do much on LinkedIn anymore. As far as I can tell, most of the people whom I’ve offended with creative content are people who want to sell me stuff, so, no loss there. I have stopped joining new groups, and I tend to avoid existing ones. Most of the messages I receive are sales offers, and most new connections are wasting no time before trying to sell me something.

As for beBee, here’s a few observations from my first two weeks of experience:

I like that I can share a blog post with “Blogs in English” “Writing” or “IT – Information-Technology” groups. Unlike G+, I don’t have to create those circles, I can just reach into them as a member.

beBee is asking me to make my Contacts available. Having just barely avoided being burned by LinkedIn on this, I’m not doing it. Consider me twice shy.

beBee isn’t any better than LinkedIn at managing a dual professional presence. I work for a company but I serve on the Board of an association. Neither LinkedIn nor beBee seem to get that. Since I don’t want to attract tons of “professional” contacts, I’m leaving the association relationship out of my beBee profile. Until they figure out how to represent my slightly complex work life, I’ll just pretend to have a simple one. I’m not sure how people with really complicated professional lives deal with LinkedIn.

beBee seems to be more transparent than LinkedIn. I seem to be privy to some information that LinkedIn would only give me if I buy the ridiculous Premium membership.

beBee seems to be growing slowly. That’s fine with me. I hope they have the discipline to avoid all the traps LinkedIn has fallen into. I would like to see my network grow organically on beBee. I hope to connect with people who want to connect with all of me, and people from whom I can learn.

I guess the problem lies in the fact that my LinkedIn connections are concentrated in one area.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Friends, Opinion, Promotion and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to Another Social Network?

1. LOL. Dan I think you had it right the first time with “blame.” I absolutely cringed when I saw the first beBee article from one of my connections. But opposite of you, I wanted the professional aspect of it. I’m ashamed to admit, but I’ve been trying (and failing) to relocate back out west for FOUR+ years now… So every time I find something new to try toward that end, I go for it. The trouble for me with beBee is the same as all the other networks — there is only so much time in the week(end).
    I hope you’ll continue to keep us updated on your experience and thoughts about beBee. After they get their open publishing thing ready and rolling (which will probably be soon), I’ll have to devote more time to them. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

Thanks Teagan and thanks for pointing this out to me. I’ve gotten so frustrated with LinkedIn this past year. You and one of my coworkers, my daughter and 1 or 2 friends are the only ones I pay attention to. It’s gotten so aggressive with “updates” about my connections, and my connections mostly seem to generate spam after spam. I wish you the best in your search. If I can ever help, don’t hesitate to ask.

• You’re very kind, Dan. Thank you.
        I don’t really feel spammed with LinkedIn, but aside from some favorite bloggers (you included), I focused LinkedIn on “real world” career stuff-connections. I’ve worked really hard with LI for the past couple of years, getting the profile just so, building connections (especially out west and ones who should be able to lead to my goals), bought the paid version… I’ve made some friends, but LI doesn’t seem to be helping with the “professional” part, and that’s its purpose. So I can easily understand how you feel about it. Back to work now. Have a great week.

2. I’m definitely the wrong reader for this post, Dan. :-) I got off LinkedIn, have never been on Flickr, absolutely hate Facebook, don’t see the need to Tweet my every thought, don’t have a clue what Pub is and when I googled it I came up with where they serve beer (that I know a lot about), like WordPress, and have no intention of checking out beBee. One out of seven is fine with me. :-) But, I will look forward to your further reviews because I know it’s relevant to at least know what’s going on out there. My granddaughter keeps telling me how great Tumblr is but I’m not on there either. :-)

I’m on LinkedIn, but I don’t really do much with it…probably because I have a hard enough time keeping up with the rest of social media. I hope beBee works better for you, Dan, in whatever way you need it to work.

Thanks Mary. I’m going to see what happens over there. When I joined LinkedIn, I was promoting a technical blog, so much of what I’m complaining about is my own doing. I built the network in support of that blog and then I changed to the “scatterbrained collection of junk and whatnot” – I guess I shouldn’t have expected too many to follow.

LinkedIn is a professional’s site, not like the childish antics that go on in Facebook. I’m not much of a social butterfly, so I really shouldn’t talk, but I don’t think people really need yet another social site. Sorry, Dan – just IMO.

I understand, and I don’t really disagree, but there are other professions, and I don’t think they are widely accepted on LinkedIn. I’ve seen artists and teachers receive some of the same kind of complaints. I’m not sure we need another social network, but I do think it’s hard to focus only on my IT Career, especially when LinkedIn wants me to engage at night and on weekends. I don’t have enough time to “work on my presence” on any of these, but I’m willing to see where beBee goes. if it ends up being just a cute LinkedIn, I’m out.

Good post Dan.
    I don’t do much on LinkedIn so the idea of another outlet offering more of the same isn’t all that appealing.
    In LinkedIn’s defense though, I’ve actually been headhunted a few times on and even picked up some nice freelance contracts thanks to connections made on there. I do find their recent attempts to make it more social and less professional are off base.

Thanks for the comment Norm. If beBee turns out to be “more of the same”, I won’t be there for long. LinkedIn seems to want things both ways, but really only wants to accommodate a narrow slice of professional material. I’ve made some good connections, and I’ve met people who have helped me, but I’ve noticed that not much of that is happening lately.

6. I didn’t go anywhere near LinkedIn. Thank you for confirming the decision. Not sure I’d venture into BB (unless they add an 8 – that could be interesting) given a Jack of All Trades necessarily has a complicated professional, personal and other life. I can’t keep up with the social media I’ve got anyway. My Pub program needs an upgrade, though.

I think most folks in my community are not heavy into social media, so I won’t revisit this subject for a while. I am most active on Twitter, where business and personal mix very easily and I can create lists of people to follow at various times. Facebook is frustrating sometimes, but I make an effort to stay visible. I created an FB page for this blog, but it’s growing slowly. The Pub is the most reliable and the most rewarding for sure :) Thanks for stopping by.

7. Hi Dan, I wish your chart showed beBee on there with a mini-bar for applicability. Perhaps it’s too soon for that. I’d never heard of that one. How does it control Linkedin? Or do you have to drop LI?

A lot of kids writers use Facebook heavily, but I don’t like FB policies on copyright, so I am loathe to invest time heavily there. I felt like I was spamming my friends in FB by publishing into their feeds all the time, so I created an author page and publish to that. Then people can volunteer to get my posts dropped into their feed by liking it.

LI I entirely ignore, and I resent/tolerate the spamming emails. A friend talked me into instagram, but I have to do it on my phone, and I do most of my connections via laptop, so I forget about Instagram. Apparently, that’s where the kids are. But I’m not a stalker.

I recently joined twitter, and I find I like the micro poetry aspect. I’m not into tweeting about whatever tv show or movie or whatnot, which seems to be a primary object for hundreds of thousands. I don’t have time to watch tv. I wish you luck with the new gig. Having just joined twitter, I’m holding the line there awhile.

I enjoy blogging mostly. And I’m still trying to find an agent and publisher for my many accumulating manuscripts. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Brenda.beBee is separate from LinkedIn, so you can continue in both (if you have the time). The signal to noise ratio on LinkedIn is leaning heavily to noise, so I’d be happy to slide in the quiet zone on that platform. I really like Twitter, and I split continuously between personal and professional stuff, and I have no complaints. I mention each blog post once on Facebook, and I link to it on the No Facilities FB Page. I only publish on WordPress, as I don;t trust any of those other platforms for publishing. Feel free to connect on Twitter (on the sidebar, or just look for @Dantion) I’ll spread the news.

I have no experience with BB, and I don’t intend to. (The thought of yet another social-media site sounds horrible; I’m mismanaging the half dozen I already have just fine, thanks). But I can echo your frustration with LinkedIn, Dan. I joined it ages ago, and it has turned out to be about as useless as Google Plus. It has all the deficiencies you point out, and no real advantages that I can see. To me, LinkedIn is that site that sends me endless connection requests to people who are a friend of a friend of a friend — at best. BeBee can’t be worse, at least. Good luck with it!

Thanks Paul. You actually summarized my LinkedIn experience better than I did. beBee can’t be worse, but unless it’s a lot better, I won’t be there for long. I don’t really have time to manage these. I’m looking for a place to mix professional and personal so I can seamlessly slide into retirement in a few years.

Interesting. I don’t have a LinkedIn. I don’t think. Well, let’s just say I’ve never set one up.
    I receive constant “meet up on LinkedIn” emails from friends, family, former colleagues, and even strangers. (Like when you’re in an email group because of Scouts or Army or PTO and they spam everyone, including people you haven’t spoken to in 15 years or people you’ve never actually met.) I don’t know if this is beneficial to other people, but it’s not inspiring. I should like to work somewhere that doesn’t need me to LinkedIn.

The spam-like invitations to connect are usually the result of LinkedIn tricking someone into forking over their contact list. I thought that would result in me being able to pick a few names out of the list. Then, I found out (from someone who was a few minutes ahead of me) that if you do that, LinkedIn instantly sends an invitation to every contact.

I thought groups would be a good thing, but they are totally out of control and they are abused by a small segment in almost every group I belong to.

10. Bee Halton says:

Hmmmm, interesting post. I don’t really want to join another social network but the name does tempt me extremely :-)

I can see why :) I’m not sure it’s worth joining. I AM NOT advocating. I’m trying it because I am so frustrated with LinkedIn – probably not a good reason, but…

• Bee Halton says:

Well, I suspect its worth a try and I can totally understand your frustration. I am not a fan of LinkedIn either because of exact the reasons you mentioned. It doesn’t give me many views on my blogs either so I might as well stop it and go somewhere else :-)

11. I never set up a LinkedIn account though many people have sent me requests. I just did not understand how I needed professional connections when I am not in a profession. I think I will not do it now.

12. kingmidget says:

I signed up for LinkedIn a few years ago — it was primarily because I was doing some work-related research on an individual and I wanted to see what their LinkedIn profile would reveal. I’ve never used LInkedIn for any other purpose and rarely use it for the research purpose anymore. But, yes, I get endless emails from them trying to get me to use their website “to see” what somebody else is doing. Drives me crazy. I’ll never use their site as far as I’m concerned.

Thanks! The frustration level builds every month with that network. I don’t want to give up the few meaningful connections I have, but the static is hard to tolerate.

In my experience LinkedIn is dominated by recruiters, marketers and annoying peers preening their credentials.

I got out of LinkedIn for every reason you listed. Where they got the idea that I wanted to be in some of the groups they suggested was beyond me. I dropped Facebook several years ago–maybe it was my ‘friends’, but the recipes, the drama. OMG–let me out!! I feel so liberated! Good luck with this new media site, Dan. I’ll be curious to know how it goes for you.

It may be a while Lois. I’m going to let it be (no pun intended) and see what happens. I’m not going to do any of the recommended things for increasing my contact count, because having all those contacts on LinkedIn is 80% of the problem. I’ll stick with Facebook, but I have some pretty non-dramatic friends, so it’s safe.

Ugh. Too many sites are flying around, and all of them seem to be trying to become just like the others. That’s what frustrates me most about social media. One site starts out like “this”, but then it decides it needs to be more like “that” other site. Pft. Be your own site, Site.

To tell the truth, sometimes I wonder if I’m even sociable enough for social media in the first place. :-/ Twitter, Pinterest, and WordPress. That’s enough for me!

You’re right Wendy, about the sites wanting to be like other sites. If beBee goes that route, I’ll jump ship. Twitter and WordPress are my favorite places. Facebook is OK, but I sometimes get that queasy feeling. Pinterest – I may becoming your biggest fan over there. I love vintage ads and I’ve been scooping up a bunch of yours.

• Wendy Brydge says:

Thanks, Dan, and please, pin as many of them as you like! I have to admit that I treat Pinterest as more of a creative “job” sometimes than as a way to relax. I take a lot of pride in finding high quality images and arranging them “just so” on my boards. So I’m glad to have a fan!

Oh my, I didn’t know that you can arrange the pins on your board (novice).

• Wendy Brydge says:

Well, they don’t make it easy. Many pinners have been asking for Pinterest to make it possible to rearrange pins on a board, and technically, you still can’t. Not easily, anyway. I’ve always just manually moved a pin from one board onto another, and then back again, to get them in the order I want. It is a lot of work to do that, let me tell you. Pinterest has added a “Move pins” button which essentially does the same thing, but it eliminates a step or two, and makes it possible to move more than one pin at a time. A small step in the right direction. Ha, I actually have “holding boards” where I hoard pins that won’t look good on their final destination board at the particular time I find them. I have over 700 pins ready for permanent homes, but I’m waiting till each one will “fit” in the right place, on the right board.

Ugh, sorry. Revealing way too much of my OCD nature here… *mutes self* O_o

16. First time I am hearing/reading of beBee but I’m also not on LinkedIn. Too many social media accounts = too much time spent on one of my screens and frankly, I try to keep the number of hours down. Interesting to read about it none the less though.

I am trying to spend less time on these things, and LinkedIn seems to offering less and less value to me over time. I like the concept, but it’s not working. If beBee can fix that, I’ll stick around. If they fall into those same traps, I’m gone. Thanks for spending time here, I do appreciate it very much.

17. Oh, my another site. I’m not on LinkedIn, and feel bad when I receive requests followed by reminders. Now, you convinced me to never, ever join. :) Tells me something if I survived this long without it. Some time ago, all the rage was about a site called Ello — one could only join by invitation from a current member. So, I got said invitation, joined, built a profile, and never went there again. Didn’t seem to need to. beBee sounds different.

I’m not convinced that beBee will be able to stay different. To be important, they need members and they need those members to be engaged with each others. To do that, they either needs to have really good stuff or they need to promote it the way LinkedIn does. I hope they can do it.

18. Aunt Beulah says:

The chart is pure genius with a dash of creativity.

Dan, I laughed out loud when I saw you had included PUB on your list. Tee hee ….. You are too much!! As for social media … *eye roll* … I’ve stepped WAY back! I was in IG but got to the point I was so burnt out and discouraged by the impossible photographs that are SO perfect (by that I mean don’t look like a photograph but digitally made) I quit. When I tried to delete my account I COULD NOT. I was shocked. So right now I have an IG account that is temporarily disabled but not deleted. FB …. I started on there to keep in touch with family. Failed experiment leaving me only with my inbox overflowing with hundreds of senseless posts my family tend to post. I took all of their names off my list of those posts I do see. Is NOTHING in life sacred anymore? These people post and post about anything …. Hey I sneezed! Geese! Anyway, same story with FB. I COULD NOT DELETE my account. Grrrrrrrr ……. Flicker nope not there and no where else except for WP. I have a life, or has no one ever heard of such a thing? And about contacts ….. I wanted to get a radio station app for my phone and was shocked when the conditions were they could have access to my contacts AND my pictures. OMG! Is this really happening? Of course I did not get that app.
    Hey, Dan, you hit a nerve with me and I SO get where you are coming from. And thank you about LinkedIn info. My posts are linked to it and now from what you just said, I am going right to my administration page and unconnect. I don’t need any more hassles. Tweet …. I am connected as well but just let that coast. I do nothing and I get followers. LOL Fine by me. Other people tweet my work. Fine by me. I have a life. Remember? LOL GREAT post!!! LinkedIn has no class, or taste IF they refuse your work. DUH!

Some of the apps and services do ask for a lot of permissions that they don’t need and they shouldn’t have, Amy. I enjoy Twitter, and I enjoy Facebook but I ignore fried requests unless they are from people I know or people I’ve come to know through WordPress. LinkedIn was hard because the association I belong to has attracted a lot of connection requests and I don’t want to seem rude. Then it expands to a friend of a friend and out from there. Pretty soon, I’m getting connection requests from people in other countries who I will never actually know.

The pub is the best place. Social contact in person, between real live adults – that’s te best.

Well Dan I eagerly await your “buzz” about bebee. I agree about LinkedIn . I rarely use it. The writer’s group I tried to join was stuck in a loop. So discouraging.

21. Ruth says:

I do Facebook for keeping in touch with family and friends far away, and use WordPress (on and off, but need to stick with growing one blog instead of starting anew) for creative stuff – but no Twitter or LinkedIn or whatever the new BB thing is… :-)

Thanks Rut. I think they all had a a good purpose when they started out, but they’ve all tried to be like each other and now, I’m not sure what any offers that the others don’t. I like Facebook and Twitter because I have some connections there that I enjoy “talking” to. I love this community here on WordPress.

22. joannesisco says:

I stopped paying any attention to LInkedIn when I started receiving Endorsements. It’s meaningless and stupid.

Facebook makes my head hurt. I discovered that some people I used to think fondly of, are actually flaming assholes … at least that’s the image they are projecting with the crap they are posting.

Twitter? Yikes. I just don’t get it.

I guess I’ll stick to blogging. It’s where I’m comfortable.

23. I ‘m not sure I have any time left for another social network. Good post, Dan. BTW my participation in LinkedIn is minimal and like you I have not opened up my contact file.

I like my LinkedIn connections since I have librarians, teachers, social workers, nursing home workers and variety of friends through my grown children. I have never had a FB account nor do I look at the open (empty) spaces there. My brother is an artist who feels he has great discussions and connections from FB. He is also on LinkedIn. Not sure about other groups, Dan.
    I have my WordPress feed through my LinkedIn.
    Due to my writing 4 children’s books, I grew weary of sending them out so I hope to somehow connect without more efforts.
    A few friends felt I would write a much funnier situation comedy from my dating or work experiences. There are a few of my blogging friends who liked my work stories and my characters.
    Since I no longer teach, I like getting asked to work for March of Dimes in Dayton, due to my preschool teaching, Boys’ Town (Oklahoma, I think?) invitation to be a middle school teacher and counselor, and other random job offers. They cheer me up, something that professionals out there probably don’t need. :)

I’m glad to hear of a good LinkedIn experience, Robin. Being in technology, there are just so many recruiters and consultants and sales people that have just the right person, lowest fee or new shiny object that they know I am dying to learn about. I try to make sure that I connect with my real friends through some other network so that when I retire, I can ignore LinkedIn completely.

25. This has made me curious. I have a LinkedIn account, and although it’s up to date, I don’t engage on it. I’ll definitely be checking out beBee (despite me dislike of the name..haha). Competition is always a good thing.

I hope competition works in this case and that it doesn’t turn into copying. It’s hard to imagine how beBee will stay true to its goals. If it grows, it’s going to attract the people who make LinkedIn crummy :(

Thanks for the comment.

“when you’re worse than Facebook at something, you’re bad.”
    I like that.
    I’m not on LinkedIn but I get invitations from anyone with my email. Anyone. Even my boss. I spam them but they keep coming.
    I’ve been thinking that perhaps I should join it. But now thanks to all this information, I’m never joining LinkedIn.
    Thanks, Dan.

I didn’t set out to bash LinkedIn, Peter, but that is my experience and, judging from the comments, I’m not alone. I don’t know if beBee has a winning answer. I wish them luck, as I would like to connect to people who do what I do and can tolerate a blog post now and then.

27. First I’ve heard of beBee, Dan. I’ll keep my sights on it. For now, I’m a little social media’d out.

28. BeBee, I wonder where they got the name. You could have done this post for SOCS. Good luck with your new social media site. :)

I thought of the SoCS tie a little too late Deborah. I already had the other post scheduled when Linda released the prompt. Actually, that’s the second time that has happened. I have to start waiting before I press ‘schedule’ from now on.

• I am like that too. I write something and then I want to post it right away. I think you must have ESP if you had 2 posts on the same theme as Linda chose before she announced it. :)

29. This is for the first time I heard of BeBee. Honestly, I was never a social media person. I keep my friends and contacts extremely limited. However, freelancing demands me to go out meet new people and turn them into clients and create long term relationships. Surprisingly, LinkedIn has worked for me, as I get genuine recommendations and more startup entrepreneurs. I am always in need of clients that provide me work and who are seriously looking for pure professional relationship, so if BeBee can help me with that I can join BeBee as well. As far as Facebook is concerned, I am on FB only because of our group. Twitter I don’t care much about and the same goes for G+. I guess different social networking sites work for different people.

I left LinkedIn over two years ago. I found the entire idea of the site pretentious and egotistic, both by the staff and many of the members. (No, Dan, you aren’t one of them, by any means.) I have an account at Facebook, but if you find me there, it’s extremely rare. Some of the Facebook population has an overwhelming desire to be uncouth and rude. My only reason for keeping the account is that, like others who I know, I have my blog posts automatically being promoted on the site. Google+ is okay but ordinary. I do like the groups I’m in over there though. I do belong to Goodreads and I’d like to spend more time there. Somehow it hasn’t happened yet. My favorite crowd is at Twitter–polite, informative, and sometimes funny.

I peeked in at beBee. It does look like it might be okay. I’m going to nose around a few of the hives more before jumping in though.

31. I joined LinkedIn when I opened my salon and it was suitable enough for that but for creative arts I’m not sure it’s that good. I rarely use it nowadays. I have to say Facebook is really suits the arts, as it’s visual and textual. I’ve joined groups for photography, art, history and writing. I’m not great with twitter (probably not using it the way I should be). I think we all find a social media site that suits us and tend to concentrate on it more that any others. I like the idea of Pinterest and joined but don’t have time to spend on it. Google+ isn’t as popular here as it is on the other side of the Big Pond and I’m tired of getting requests from dubious ‘Generals’ in the US Army and Marines wanting me to join their circles – so I rarely dip my toe in those waters nowadays. However, I refuse to be once stung, twice shy, so I’ll have a look at beBee, Dan, thanks for the tip.

32. Wow a LOT of comments. I joined LinkedIn early, but rarely use it and have found NO benefit at all. The people who want to connect with me usually are other conservators, and I am not interested in connecting with any of them (they want to see my “atuff”) unless they are close enough to me to know my clients and connections anyway. FB started out as a workplace social media thing but it has zero value for that — but I found my high school/college friends so I stayed. Then other artists from around the world aand I connected through a few great FB groups and so I can start my day by seeing a stream of amazing experimentation in art from people EVERYWHERE and I love that. I keep friends to a minimum by posting liberal leftie viewpoints, so that means my husband does not need to EVER worry about me being friendly with old boyfriends as it seems every boy I ever dated loves Trump (and this should be very troubling, as it is to me). I HATE pinterest but had to join for a class and so am there. I HATE instagram but will probably have to join to sell artwork.
    I love bloggers. I especially love the ones that are on WP simply because blogspot is annoying unless you want to do it their way — that is, get a gmail account and become a friend. NOT flexible, and if I can’t tell you I loved your post then I am moving on.

• Crap, one more. I hate Twitter. Hate. Twitter.
      Hate.
      Twitter.

This post did garner more comments than I imagined it would. I thought it was too tech-focused. Of all the social media sites I am in, I have avoided Instagram. I think I may continue to do that. I used to be on Blogspot and I left for the reasons you mention. I’m here, staying here and not venturing into too many new areas. Thanks for the comment and the couple of laughs along the way.

Dammit, here I go again. All I do on LinkedIn is feed my blog to it. As has been said, there’s only so much time. Nevertheless … HERE I GO AGAIN!

34. My, oh my! I can always count on Dan to introduce these tech things to us. I’ve never heard of bebee (spell check is trying desperately to correct). I’m not a heavy social media person. I have FB, but don’t visit often. No Instagram. No Twitter. I signed up on LI a long time ago. Can’t even remember my PW! I only use my phone for calls, texting, taking pics and the once in a while video. I don’t access e-mails from my phone and some folks think I’m strange. I think I’m really behind in the world of technology:)

35. When I say “once in a while video” , it’s not to watch videos, but to make quick recordings. Gosh, I really have to get the language aligned to,what I’m thinking :)

36. Dan, thanks for writing this. I have shared it on beBee into 3 hives.

37. Pingback: Off-Target Followers | No Facilities