The Cherished Blogfest Turns Two!

Cherished Badge16Last year, a small group of blog-buddies organized a blogfest. We called it the Cherished Blogfest and we asked people to share, in a few hundred words, something that they cherish. Well over 100 people participated. People shared stories about things, about memories, about emotions and about other people. We shared moving stories, important stories and, more importantly, many of us made new friends.

A blogfest is a great way to meet people, see what they have to say and share your story with them. The Cherished Blogfest was the first blogfest I ever participated in and I can tell you that it was fun and it was easy:

All you have to do is to write a blog post. Post it at the designated time. Fill out a Linky thing and read a few posts.

Does that sound interesting?

Great!

Visit the new home of the Cherished Blogfest.

Copy the badge and place it on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Please use hashtag #CBF16

Above all, join us in making new connections, and renewing old ones and sharing your special toughts.

This entry was posted in Blogging, cherished, Writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to The Cherished Blogfest Turns Two!

Great work, Dan! I’ll post mine in the next hour.

2. Dan, you’re wonderful for doing this. Sorry I had to drop the ball on organizing it this year, but hope to help publicize it. My post should be up tomorrow!

3. Great work Dan. I really appreciate you taking the initiative out of your busy schedule. You’re my inspiration and I am really looking forward to reading your post.

4. Parul Thakur says:

I participated last year and enjoyed writing and sharing about my cherished object. Looking forward to participate this year too.

5. I’m so happy that you are doing this again! I look forward to sharing my item (not sure yet) and reading about others.

I’m so glad you’re going to join us! I have to sift between 20 or so ideas, but that’s half the fun. You can sign-up without knowing what you’re writing about, you know, to keep the pressure up ;)

“All you have to do is to write a blog post.” You make it sound so easy! Alas, I’m lucky to do two a month over on my blog. But I’m glad the group is excited — hope it’s fun for you all!

7. jan says:

Sounds like a great idea! Thanks.

I did this last year and it was fun! I need to think of a topic for this year…..

9. What a fun way to connect and reconnect people! Great stuff!

10. C.E.Robinson says:

Dan, another great Cherished Blog Fest this year! What fun! I joined last year and had to whittle down my cherished object list! Most were fleeting like sunsets. The lasting one was a photograph of my sons as youngsters. Loved participating! Happy Wednesday! 💛 Christine Elizabeth

11. I’d like to do this, but it looked to me as though I had to have a title for the post already. Should I just be entering my blog address?

12. joannesisco says:

I’m all signed up, I’ve replaced last year’s badge with this year’s, and all I need now is a topic :)

13. Kalpanaa says:

I’m so glad I found this again this year. Thanks Dan for hosting it and I hope to have my blog post up in a few hours.