The Lost Cat

Yesterday, I offered a small puzzle for the cat lovers (of which I know there are several) in the community. I thought it was going to be pretty easy. Find the kitty. Or, don’t. Well, some of you found the cat, but I’m not sure that you found the right cat. Some of you did not find a cat. Some of you found an elephant. Since I don’t normally post on Tuesdays, I’m just going to give you the answer that I have, and I’ll give you a chance to correct me if I’m wrong.

Below is the original photo.

Rock

Can you find the cat?

Here is what I think people are suggesting is the elephant.

Is this the elephant?

Is this the elephant?

Here is a large cat that some people seem to see.

Is this the larger cat?

Is this the larger cat?

Here is the cat I was talking about.

There's the cat I saw

There’s the cat I saw

If you don’t see it, here’s another image.

Ears, eyes, nose, white cheeks

Ears, eyes, nose, white cheeks

Here it is blown up. If I enlarge it any farther, you can no longer see the cat.

See the kitty now?

See the kitty now?

Finally, here is a crude interactive feature on No Facilities. If you see something I didn’t, please list the coordinates in a comment. As Linda G. Hill would say, “bonus points if you find a new animal. She would also say “have fun!”

What do you see, and where do you see it. My cat is in the center of C3

What do you see, and where do you see it. My cat is in the center of C3

This entry was posted in Humor, Photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to The Lost Cat

1. Ruth says:

My eyesight must be worse than I thought – even when you’ve marked it out for me, I still don’t see a cat! It’s a lovely rock, though… :-)

Believe it or not, Dan, but I’m headed to the eye doctor today for an appointment, so I am probably way off here, but in C-3 I’m seeing a snake with his mouth open.

Bi-colored Python Rock Snake!

Sorry but cats don’t have pointy heads… ;-)
    However, I do see a bunny face (c3) with floppy ear (c2) – or without the floppy ear it could be a tortoise poking his head out of this shell. *Holds out hand palm up*: Mucho bonus points, please :-D

I had a feeling an explainer post was coming after yesterday’s confusion! My guess is that most people were looking for the BODY of a cat, not the face. I think they also expected it to be a bit larger. In any event, you seem to have uncovered a small zoo on your hike …

6. Maccansee says:

Zoom in on A3. It looks like an orange and white tabby cat, taking a nap in the leaves. It appears its head may not be visible.

I want to see the cat, but I cannot. I only see an elephant. I have my new glasses on, too, man.

Anyway, that’s good you can see it. Imagination is important yo.

8. quiall says:

Wow! Ok I see a black cat peering out from the rock: Left shadow, two eyes at the top tilted to one side, body almost upright with paws tucked in. The head is where C2 and C3 meet.

9. I see a pet rock. Do I get bonus points?

10. What you see as a cat, I see as a bunny with a really long, floppy ear to the left side of the picture (or what would be the right side of the bunny’s head if you were standing behind it).

11. I’m with Norm, and see the tortoise poking its head out of its shell. I see the cat as well, so no fighting guys. 😀

Ah, the peacemaker among us – Thanks Hugh. I had much more agreement on the International Symbol for mermaids in yesterdays post. Maybe I should stick to writing and leave artistic interpretation to others. Thanks!

12. jan says:

I was absolutely flummoxed! Couldn’t see anything but rocks and leaves.

13. I saw a kitten in A3

14. C.E.Robinson says:

Dan, I see your rock cat in C-3. I also see a lizard’s face in D-3. Love to find “things” in clouds too! I don’t need any points though! This was a fun post! 💛 Christine Elizabeth

This was too funny! I am sticking with the elephant….

16. C3 has a reptilian look to it…..wonder what a shrink would say about that type of interpretation??

17. I saw the sharp jaw of the larger cat, as well. I see the small cat now. I was thinking in that general area at first but was unsure. Fun game, Dan.

C-3 I see the head of a hissing snake! C-3, C-4 I see the nose of an elephant. C-4, D-4 I see another elephant. Holy cats!! Lots of elephants! D-3, E-3,2 I see a rabbit! There’s a bird B-3,4. Oh my I could keep on going ….. Now let’s see if YOU see what I see. LOL

19. If you say so, Dan. More beer for everyone! :-)

I see an elephant. And I’ve really looked.

21. Wow!! I clearly see a living black cat hiding in the hole with one feline eye visible at DE2.

22. Dan Hen says:

At B-C , 2,3,4 : Obviously an eagle , or a badger .

23. LOL! What fun! I don’t see the cat you saw, or the elephant, but I do see the big cat face, and also in that area I see a bear! C3. :)

Yes, I’m still getting through older posts and emails. SIGH! I’ve only 540 to go to be all caught up!