Thursday Doors – Happy Thanksgiving

This is my door.

This is my door.

Yesterday, I posted a One-Liner Wednesday post that was little more than one line. People were struck dumb at the sight. Today, I am offering a simple post for Norm’s Thursday Doors. I’m skipping the doors explanation (just go here, read, like, comment and then click the blue froggy thing), I’m skipping the history lesson, and I’m skipping most of the descriptions.

It’s Thanksgiving in the US, and many of my readers have lots of stuff (not to mention stuffing) to keep them busy this morning. I am thankful for them, and you, if you aren’t in the US, so I don’t want to add to their load. Neither did I want to add to my lovely editor’s workload on Wednesday evening. I’m thankful for her to, as you should be. She worries about my ability to make her look bad, but I know how to console her.

grammar-alertIn the gallery, you will find Thanksgiving doors from the Big Green Egg, which, weather permitting, will be used to cook a turkey breast, and from our wood stove, which weather requiring, will be in use during the day. Also included are some “folks” enjoying the holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by No Facilities!

This entry was posted in Family, Pets, Thursday Doors and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Thursday Doors – Happy Thanksgiving

1. Lovey beastie and doorlet photos. Happy stuffing!

2. Like your doors and your house guests. Hope your turkey is delicious, and you enjoy the day with your two cooks and your special four legged family members. :-) I have had the opportunity to open the door to my Harmon stove this morning, clean it and get it up and going for the day. Now on to food prep. :-)

Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and extra pumpkin pie for me, please :)

Love the picture of Mu Mu with the sunny spot. Such a cutie :)

4. Love the stove and the cute cats. Have a lovely day, Dan.

Enjoy the day and have a nice long weekend Dan :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs.Editor, Faith and the furry kids. Enjoy your turkey and pie!

7. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Dan. What a clever idea for the doors! I enjoyed seeing all the pets too. Hugs.

8. brickthomas says:

Happy Thanksgiving, Dan.

9. Lovely post, Dan. Tell your editor to do what mine did. Change her name.

10. prior.. says:

Maddie next to the fire like that !
    Ahhh
    But all your pets are wonderful D
    ✌🏼️❤️️
    Happy thanksgiving 🍁

11. C.E.Robinson says:

Dan, love seeing furry family photos & warm home fires burning. Hope the rain holds off while you grill! Happy Thanksgiving & a restful weekend to you & family! 💛 Christine

12. jan says:

Nothing like a kitty in a cabinet! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.

13. Love the cozy shots, Dan. Happy Thanksgiving! As for they’re, their, and there…I DO notice. :-)

Wishing you and yours all the very best, Dan!!

Very nice to think of your editor. I am exhausted of cooking and baking and peopling, and will soon be drinking and lyin about :P Fabulous photos! I hope you enjoyed your day :)

Happy Thanksgiving! Love the kitties — and Maddie, of course! The door on your stove is beautiful; no wonder Maddie wants to be close to it.

17. That Turkey breast looks delicious all nicely browned. The fire looks nice and toasty.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your Editor, Faith, the cats, and Maddie!

Thanks Deborah. I got the turkey in about 20 minutes before it started raining today. It’s not quite cold enough for a fire (unless you ask MiMi). We had a great day. I hope you guys are having one too.

• Good timing on the Turkey! I bet it was delicious and will make yummy sandwiches and soup with what’s left over.

We had a lovely day, but we missed our family game time due to the Steelers game. While that was on myself, Baby Girl, Dark Haired Beauty (Big Baby Boy’s fiancé ) and Diva Dog, all fell into a Food Coma and are just waking up now.

I expect Big Baby Boy to win. He usually does, but last year there was an upset. He hopes to put his winning streak back on track. :)

I heard from He-Man that the Steeler’s won so missing family game was not for naught. :)

Ha ha – We called an arbitrary end to Monopoly so Faith could get home to watch the game. We wanted her off the road before the rain started freezing. I though I had her, but she had over $9,000 in assets to my $5,000 and change :( – It’s the first time owning three railroads didn’t cinch the deal for me. I think I paid more to her one lonely Incline than she paid me for the other three.

I am about to test your sandwich theory. Have a good weekend!

18. Don says:

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving, Dan. Enjoy the day.

A bit difficult to think turkey while I’m currently buried in the cold white stuff, but I think I can still manage a “Happy Thanksgiving” to you, Dan!

20. Is that turkey you’re cooking? I only get to eat turkey at Subway when I order Turkey Sub. Did you feel that the autumn this year was much colder than usual? Over here in Mumbai, fall is like a mini-summer. You sweat and dehydrate from mid-Oct to mid-Dec, but this time soon after the rain the mercury has stayed in the pleasant range. It’s sunny and hot, but not sweaty and scorching. By the way, Happy Thanksgiving to you and family from Sarah and me.

Thanks, to you and Sarah. That’s a turkey breast. No one here likes dark meat. We’ve had some cold snaps but autumn had been quite warm, in general.

• Meat in India generally is very expensive, so I’m more of a chicken person. I eat mutton burgers at many places though and surprisingly I believe that Dunkin Donuts serve the best ones. I accidentally tried one a few months ago and BOOM. It was the best burger I ever had, far better than McDonalds, KFC and all other burger brands put together. I’m not much of a fan of their donuts for which they are well known.

Great holiday doors Dan! That turkey breast looks promising.

Maddie looks quite comfy too!

23. Pingback: Sweet Refuge/#Thursday Doors – Tropical Affair

24. Grilled turkey breast looks great as does the warm fire, Dan. The critters appear especially grateful for the warm, comfortable house:-)

25. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Dan!! :D

26. Nice and cozy Thanksgiving! I think the cats got their fill of turkey and the tryptophan was working on them. ;-)

27. Ellen Hawley says:

Forget the turkey, those are handsome cats.