One-Liner Wednesday – Who’s a Happy Girl?

One Liner WednesdayOn Sunday morning, Maddie wanted to go for a walk. I was reluctant, because some people haven’t cleared their sidewalks, and I wasn’t in the mood to trudge. I tired playing with her instead.

We played with her little soccer ball, which she stashed on top of Mt. Maddie. So, I told her:

Go get your ball and we’ll go for a walk.”

Zoom!

Up Mt. Maddie. Ball retrieved. She’s smart when she wants to be.

We walked. Later in the afternoon, the temperature hit 60°f (15.6°c) and I put her cot and my lawn chair outside – and – we – sat. Maddie loves to sit.

As has been the case recently, the title has planted a song in my head. This time, from Martina McBride:

Oh watch me go
I’m a happy girl
Everybody knows
That the sweetest thing that you’ll ever see
In the whole wide world
Is a happy girl

There are some photos of our happy girl in the gallery. There’s also a video of her taking her ball onto Mt. Maddie. For extra good measure, Martina’s video is also included. This post is part of Linda G Hill’s fun series – One Liner Wednesday.

This entry was posted in One Line Wed, Pets and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Who’s a Happy Girl?

Maddie waiting for the temperatures to rise [at least that’s how it appears] in the pictures! Cute, Dan. She’s quite a special girl isn’t she?!!

She is. She has some neurological issues that make her a handful at times, but the simplest things really make her happy. If I have to sit outside on a sunny day to make her happy, it’s really not such a bad deal. Thanks for reading.

2. There is nothing quite like a happy pup. <3

Dan, you started my day with a smile. Maddie is so adorable, so cute! I could sit with her all day on that cot when the weather is this beautiful. We have one more day with a high of 62, then back to reality. Snow by Friday…yuck.

I’m glad you enjoyed this. It will be in the 50s today and low 60s tomorrow. I think that cot will be returning to the side of (the ever shrinking) Mt Maddie. I think the combination of warm temps and a big pile of snow is the best of all worlds for our little redhead.

Top o’ the world, Ma! Maddie just put a smile on my face.

5. Dan
    Maddie is a beauty

6. quiall says:

Such a beautiful girl! Love reading about her.

7. This post made me a happy girl as well, Dan. I hope you (and Maddie) have a happy day today.

Awww, MADDIE! So much energy. So much happy. There’s so much pure joy in a happy animal. Thanks for sharing some of Maddie’s. :)

There’s a fair amount of nuts in her, too. I keep threatening to share some of that. But, then she looks at me with those big soft eyes, or, she brings my one of her toys that she know I like to play with, and I melt. I’m glad you enjoy seeing her doing her favorite things.

9. msgt3227 says:

You know it is a GREAT Wednesday when Dan’s posting is ALL ABOUT MADDIE!!! WooHoo!!

10. Well, I can’t watch the videos, but I love pictures of Maddie. Isn’t she lucky to have her own park?

11. JoAnna says:

Nothing makes me smile easier than a happy dog. I love this!

Happy dogs are infectious. They smile and run and they just spread that happy feeling. Maddie also seems to thank us for doing these things with her. She randomly stops, stands and gives us a kiss. Sometimes, it’s unexpected and she almost knocks us over, but…

12. Delightful, Dan. Indeed Maddie is a happy girl. :D Hugs to you both.

13. She is so cute. I must say you have a serious looking harness for her.

Thanks John. The harness is made by a company that makes harnesses for guide dogs. Maddie does better with the pressure from it, and she’s easier to control. She had some issues and is not the easiest dog to walk.

14. Maddie looks so full of fun and expectation. :)

15. jan says:

Wow – you guys have a lot of snow! It’s in the 60s out here. Maddie is so beautiful!

16. Val Boyko says:

Now that is one happy dog! Thank you for sharing her joy and making us smile Dan 💛

17. Maybe Maddie should start a blog. :) ADORABLE!

18. I knew I’d be smiling once I saw the title. There’s nothing like a Maddie fix mid week. Love her sitting on her cot. :-) And, you keep those warm temperatures going to melt the snow. We’ll be on the road heading through CT probably next Wednesday or Thursday. I’ll wave. :-)

RUFF life, huh, Maddie?

20. jolynnpowers says:

so where do you get a dog “cot” I think Doc might enjoy one too?

Great sun on the snow pic :)
    I haven’t seen dog cots before…I’m intrigued. Maddie sure does look happy!

In the picture of her standing on Mt Maddie, she looks like she’s glowing in the light. A gorgeous photo!

Haha! I love Mount Maddie! She is a treasure Dan. She is your Hatchi. 😊👏🏻

24. LindaGHill says:

She’s beautiful! Thanks for the smile, Dan. :)
    P.S. I’m impressed with your squirrel and bird photo. Great shot!

What a happy dog, dog owner and beautiful collection to smile at, Dan! Is there a song called, Oh, Happy Day? Not to be confused with the TV show, “Happy Days” theme song!. :D
    I like your Martina McBride video included. “Happy Girl” is a fun song to have reminded me of good times. :)

It is a gospel song from Edwin Hawkins Band (or singers) made into a record in 1968. I liked this one to add a little hallelujah in our day, Dan! Your sunshine makes Maddie’s pretty coat glow! :)

27. What a happy girl she is! It made me smile to see her chase that ball and run up Mt. Maddie.

We have the same cot for Diva Dog. She’s not that crazy about it. She’d rather lay on the floor.
    I wish the fabric came off for washing too.

I really like Maddie’s cot. What a cool idea.

29. seannahill says:

I like the cute photos of the puppy
    Is it your puppy

30. The pictures are so damn adorable. Thank you for sharing them sir. It made my day ♡♡