Walk Around the Water

Vines

Vines

I had a lazy weekend with an interesting choice. Walk around the reservoir with my daughter on a 68°f (20°c) Saturday under cloudy skies with a chance of rain, Or, take the walk on a sunny Sunday when the temps would be in the 40s and the wind would be gusting between 15 and 30 mph.

Did I mention that either choice included breakfast?

We opted for Sunday. I figured I could stay warm easier than I could stay dry. It didn’t rain until Saturday night, and Sunday was cold, but I got some nice photos. I think they tell the story as well as I can, so I think I’ll just leave it at that. Enjoy the photos, have a good week, and thanks for dropping by.

This entry was posted in Family, Photography and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Walk Around the Water

Yesterday was a chilly day to be out and about, but you scored great photos. “Slow your wheels” is a new one for me!

Thanks Joanne. I liked that sign. I’m used to seeing signs asking drivers to be nice to cyclist. It was funny to see signs aimed at cyclists, to be nice to peds. The wind was tough, but we were prepared. The hard part is taking off the gloves for pictures.

2. Gwen Plano says:

Great photos and storyline….brought back wonderful memories of years in CT.

3. Nice shots, but the real beauty is that you and your daughter were able to spend a morning together. :-)

4. Lovely spot and images. The “Hill” sign cracked me up. Whether it’s uphill or downhill, time will tell. :D

Thanks. The funny thing about that sign is that the bikes are supposed to be going uphill at that point. They direct the bikes so there’s only bike traffic in one direction. I don’t think the walkers care.

Pretty photos, Dan. Love that the ducks are out swimming. Glad you were both able to go for a walk, even though it was colder. Nice weather has to end some time, especially when it’s supposed to be winter.

6. Jennie says:

Nice photos. Who could imagine two feet of snow a few weeks ago? Go figure! I’m happy to take the warm temperatures.

Great photos, Dan–especially the biker signs. ‘Slow your wheels’ is a new one for me. The protective gear sign is especially good for the newbies who think they can handle it. You have been warned!

8. Dan, thank you for this lovely, calming stroll. It’s my one work-at-home day a week, but has it ever been a “MONDAY” from the very start (yes, I really do mean midnight). This was a welcome diversion. Hugs.

9. Beautiful walk, Dan. Your photos reminded me of Wilton. We used to love the spring there.

10. Pingback: GOOD LUCK

A day to walk is always a treat in wintertime. Now remember to memorize those rules….

12. Great shots and they do tell the story very well!!

It’s always a pleasure to drop on by your site!!

14. Worth the walk and thanks for sharing the photos, Dan. Yesterday was chilled and Chicago-style windy. Today is sunny, much warm, no wind, and thoughts of spring are percolating in my head and heart. :-)

15. prior.. says:

ahhh – looks like your choice was win-win – and the spring is coming picture is my fav here –

There is just something about pictures of Nature I just don’t tire of looking at. I can “feel” a hint of Spring in your images which brings such a huge smile to my face. Faith dangerous? I don’t think so yet I must agree her stance and outfit could say she is. Those pics of construction make whatever they are doing pretty major stuff. Great pics and thank you for lifting my spirits. Spring is in the air! YES!!! I agree! It’s gonna be beautiful! <3

I am glad you enjoyed this post, Amy. I figured you would approve of a walk in the “woods” even though it’s a pretty tame environment. I’m not sure what the construction is all about the trails are disrupted but the worst part just meant walking on dirt, so not too bad. It did make me feel that spring is on its way. I was surprised at the pose I captured with Faith, but I think it’s funny.

17. OK. I must have missed the backstory on the drilling rig and blasting mats. Do you have a link to share? Or the “Readers Digest” Version?

Amazing sky over that day! :)
    I would’ve chosen cold over wet as well.
    I know it’s gonna be a glorious spring — I just know it!

Several people I know are adamant that winter is over and that we are going to have a wonderful spring. I hope you’re all right. The sky was really stunning and in almost constant motion with the strong winds. If we had walked the day before, we would have been dry (didn’t rain until evening) but it was totally cloudy all day.

Currently still buried under tons of snow and below freezing temps. Now feeling very, very jealous, thank you, Dan. ;P

20. pegoleg says:

I also went for a hike on Saturday, I also blogged about it, and WordPress, in its infinite wisdom, suggested your site on the bottom of my post. Looks like your day was more about beautiful pictures, whereas mine was about mud.

Thanks for the lovely images.

I don’t why it is but I like ducks. That Mallard is beautiful.

It won’t be long now before spring is here.

More good pics, Dan. The weather has been yo-yo’ing like crazy around here lately (there was even some hail on Saturday), but it’s mostly been very pleasant. Which is certainly preferable to the frigid/snowy winters we’ve BEEN having in recent years. Watch out for Faith!

23. I was down in Southern Calif. visiting Big Baby Boy. Our hiking plans got canceled due to rain. We ended up watching game shows, and going out to eat. We’re hooked on the new game show Divided. Have you seen it?
    Your day was much better for your waistline than ours was. :)

24. gjseth says:

Awesome blog! I appreciate everything outdoors. Check out my blog if you’d like.

25. sharukhbamboat says:

Awesome images. I and Sarah would be spending an entire day in such places. We both love such quiet natural environment. A bicycle would be a plus. Do you guys get bicycles for rent over there in Hartford?

Wonderful pictures, as always. Congratulations on scoring one of a piece of heavy machinery! I don’t see the attraction, myself, but I know you love ’em. :D ANY day is a good day for a walk with your kid. Especially if it includes breakfast.:)

27. Pingback: Thursday Doors – At the Reservoir | No Facilities