Have a Maddie Paddy Day

Happy St Paddy’s Day from Maddie

Most of you know that I don’t normally post on Fridays. Today is different. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I wanted to cue up a few shots of Miss Maddie and one of her favorite toys.

She wasn’t cooperating, so some of the shots are blurry. The captions tell the story. If you want to know, click on any photo for a slide show.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

This entry was posted in Family, Pets and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to Have a Maddie Paddy Day

A beautiful red head and a shamrock–who can beat that on St Paddy’s Day!

2. Marvelous. Happy Maddie Paddy Day to you too, Dan. And Maddie!

Happy St. Pat’s to you too, Dan, and Maddie of course. Feed her some corned beef. I am sure she would like that. :)

4. :) How fun! Does she ever take the squeaker out of her toys? Diva Dog does.

Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you, Maddie, and the family!

Maddie has destroyed so many toys, Deborah. So many squeakers have been removed along with all the white fluff. We won’t let her rip this toy, because it’s a legacy toy from a previous setter. She loves it and she brings it too me in the morning very often to entice me to come sit with her on the couch. She’s so cute with it, I can’t resist, but I’ve never gotten a good picture. Happy st Pat’s!

• :) That’s adorable about the Shamrock.

Diva Dog has a pig toy she hasn’t destroyed. We have no idea what makes that one so special to her, but it is and she’s had it for years now.

Our first setter (Mitzi) had a little vinyl squeaky duck. She used to take it out and hold it, and “clean its bottom” like a puppy. We called it Baby Duck. She would get mad at you if you threw it. She’d go pick it up and lick it. After she died, my wife put it away so the next setter wouldn’t tear it up.

5. I’m just going to sit and make this squeak. You go ahead and drink your ale.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Dan!

7. Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and yours Dan. (A most appropriate toy for Miss Maddie to enjoy!)

8. The title of your post alone was worth you breaking your “no post on Fridays” rule. Green is definitely Maddie’s color!

9. Happy St Paddy’s day, to you both. Don’t listen to Greg from Almost Iowa. Dietary repercussions, you know.

10. John Holton says:

She’s a pretty dog, despite her best efforts not to be seen.

Ah, sure, an’ isn’t this just a perfect St. Patrick’s Day post an’ all? It tis, it tis.

12. Heartafire says:

We redheads stick together on St Patty’s Day ☘️

13. She sure loves her shamrock! Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️

Aw! Yeah, such cute. Even when blurred <3
    Happy St. Paddy's Day to all y'all :)

15. It is her day for sure. Nicely done, Dan.

16. Mél@nie says:

Dan, do you have any Irish roots(origins)?… otherwise, lovely post and cute pix… :-)

My mother is 1/2 Scotch-Irish. I’ve never understood what that means. I’ve heard that it’s Scottish folks who migrated to Ireland and I’ve heard that it’s the other way round. Maddie, though, she’s an Irish girl to be sure.

Enjoy, Dan!! and remember…

I stole this from 56Packardman, but don’t tell anybody! Cheers >-I >-I

18. I really like your blogs, especially the pictures of your sweet pets. I am also interested in doing a guest post for the Thursday Doors blog. I have two pictures, along with descriptions, I would like to share. Please let me know how and when you would like the information.

19. jesh stg says:

Happy St Patrick’s day! When pets (or children) don’t want to, they don’t want to (crooked smile). Your attempt is caught by us though!

20. Dan, you’re shameless. A Maddie post is like posting cute photos of your children–you’ll always get tons of likes! :-) Happy eating of the green to Maddie and to all of you.

21. Red hair and shamrocks – it has to be St. Patty’s Day in CT. :-) She truly is a beautiful girl who seems to find joy in her day. Good role model for the rest of us. My toys just don’t squeak. :-)

She’s a red haired beauty of a dog, Dan! Hope you enjoyed a fantastic St Paddy’s Day with Maddie, kitty (MuMu) and the Editor. My memory is fading on kitty’s name, not yet drinking on this fine Saturday either! :)

23. sharukhbamboat says:

I love Maddie playing around with snow and balls and now shamrock.