One-Liner Wednesday – Walk Pause Click

One Liner WednesdayMost people who know me know to expect me to periodically stop to take a picture. Quite often, the subject will be a door, but cranes, birds, trains, construction sites, old cars, historic buildings, reflections of anything in anything, rivers, bridges, fire trucks, fire stations, signs, and the list goes on. Sometimes, apparently, this behavior of mine can be annoying.

Will you hurry up; the bar is open!

While in Florida last week, a few friends and I were on our way to a reception and dinner in honor of a group of Association leaders. The conference staff had arranged shuttles to drive us to a clubhouse on the other side of a man-made lake, but I knew how to get there on foot, and we all wanted to walk. I couldn’t resist taking a few photos.

This post is part of Linda G. Hill’s fun weekly series One-Liner Wednesday.

This entry was posted in Humor, One Line Wed, Photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Walk Pause Click

1. I know how it is. No matter how often I tell them to go ahead, I’ll catch up, they stop, look over their shoulder, look to where my camera is pointing, and sometimes I get asked directly: “What on earth did you just shoot and why?” I love your wrong settings the most, even though the critters are lovely as always.

Thanks. When I saw that in the camera, I almost deleted it, but I tend to always wait and see what it looks like on a larger screen. It’s good to know I’m not alone in holding people up. But you’re right, I can catch up.

2. Gwen Plano says:

Great photos, Dan. I especially love the one of the squirrel; you captured it at just the right moment. :)

A tale of two worlds: Florida and Connecticut. I thoroughly enjoyed the photos from Florida, but not so much the ones with snow. I’m done with that stuff, as I bet you are. We need green grass and tree buds!

I think it might be because I am definitely NOT a good photographer, but my better-half doesn’t complain so much about my picture-taking as the “giving me the look” speaks volumes!!

5. Mike Powell says:

Ah, the “joys” of trying to take photos when you are with a non-photographer. A bit over five years ago I spent two weeks in Paris and spent a lot of time just wandering through the streets, stopping periodically to take photos of street lights, doorknobs, and such. It would have driven a companion crazy, so I was glad I was alone and could follow my own interests. (I made the mistake of telling people a couple of times that I spent two weeks walking the streets in Paris and they got the wrong idea of what I had been doing). I enjoyed going through the images that you captured, though I suspect that I would have wandered off and stopped at different moments. It’s fascinating to see what subjects have “stopping power” for an individual, as a fellow blogger used to describe the phenomenon.

I think if the bar wasn’t open and I wasn’t in a group, I would have waited for that bird to move or fly off. The lakes are periodically swept for alligators, so I guess it’s a nice place to hang out. “walking the streets in Paris” – yeah, that does conjure up some images, Mike.

6. Your coworkers must not realize the responsibility of being a well followed blogger. :-) I, for one, appreciate the photos of green grass, egret, and fireworks, but not so much the snow. I have plenty of that. :-) Happy midweek, Dan.

Maddie is a good walking buddy. Good walking buddies are patient about the numerous occasions that warrant the necessity for a photo – or several.
    Let’s face it … when you’ve come from snow and cold, there is no reason to hurry when it’s warm and inviting outside!

Ha! The squirrel: “You looking at me?” Were you at the World Marriott in Orlando? I have to go there every year for a conference and always get a room so I can look across and see the Disney World fireworks. They are the highlight before I go to bed!

9. mikuuumouse says:

I can relate so much to this. I stop to take photos so frequently that my friends just give up and leave me without waiting! I try to think that it’s a gift though–that it means we find inspiration and fascination in even the little things. :)

10. That might have been the wrong setting for fireworks, but it made for an interesting photo, and fits perfectly into a blog post!

11. Ouch! From the “Sunshine State” back to snow…
    You know I had to read anything that said “Will you hurry up; the bar is open!” It’s one heck of a hump day… Back to work.
    Hugs.

12. Heartafire says:

Lovely pics, being a Florida resident I appreciate the snow pics, the only snow I will see is vicariously. Thank you!

13. Clearly not all Florida photos, I hope! Ha ha. Stop and take as many as you like, Dan. Life is short, no need to hurry through it :-)

Love the line! And what wonderful pictures! I really like the “wrong setting” picture, too. Sometimes the “wrong” setting is right. :)

15. Super photos, Dan. I always like to walk at night in Florida. Not sure why but always seemed peaceful.

I take photos all the time when I walk, and generally, my family goes on without me, lol! I catch up, but that way I have plenty of photos for my challenges.
    Of course you should stop to take pictures! Of course you should! :)

17. We could travel together anytime, Dan. Just send the rest up ahead without us. My kids called me cloud lady for over a year. Just last weekend while traveling to OKC my sister became annoyed with my need to stop the car due to sunsets and sunrises. We are who we are! Wonderful photos.

18. Nice blog👍👍👍

19. Cecilia says:

I went through your pics and discovered the squirrel … great!

20. Dan Hen says:

Yes, Dan , I would expect nothing less. Great photos.

*looks at beautiful, warm, snowless Florida, looks out my window, sighs miserably* :( Lovely shots, Dan, but you know how it is this time of year when we’re going into our 5th month of snow and cold!

22. Those pictures were all worth stopping for. I especially like “Down to the Lobby” – great angle!

23. LindaGHill says:

Is that bird a crane?!? ;) Great shots. I think if you and I ever walked anywhere together, we’d never get there. :P

24. I can totally relate to walk, stop, click thing. :) What a striking contrast of weather from FL to CT!

The Disney fireworks look like real fire. And I love that bird. Wouldn’t have resisted either.

26. monalisa says:

Awesome photographs, Dan. I particularly cherish the one of the squirrel; you caught it at simply the correct minute..

I hope you are done with snow now up there.

I am not a big fan of Florida. It is a little too humid for my liking. Nevertheless, looking at the photos you took, it does look inviting.

I see a squirrrrrel! And…are those Magic Kingdom fireworks Dan?

29. Roxie says:

Love the squirrel, they’re just natural posers, lol.

30. sharukhbamboat says:

Great pictures. I have a question for you. How do you feel when you are in a public space and you stop and take pictures of doors and buildings or trains or anything? I mean people stare at you with What-Is-He-Clicking expression? Does that bother you or you just don’t care? I am a bit conscious about taking pictures because people stare at me and I get this Am-I-Naked feeling.

I have only noticed the looks a few times. Mostly, I get in and out pretty quick. In cities like New York, Boston, Seattle, there are so many tourists, people are always taking pictures. Some of the places where I stop my car to get them, I just make sure I pull off so not blocking traffic.

I’ve been asked once, by a building security guard, but he was ok after I explained.

• Sharukh Bamboat says:

Well, my drawback is that I cannot perform when people are watching me. For instance, if someone is standing over my shoulder watching me type I will end up typing wrong spellings. The same applies to taking pictures.

Oh. I’m pretty good unless they are very close. Although, I’ve had a window seat on a couple of recent flights and was able to take s couple of pictures even though the plane was full.

Great pics, Dan, and well timed — the warming weather here has caused me to turn my air-conditioning on a couple of times recently. Though, being March, it’s still a bit too early to put the warm clothing away. And baseball in a week!

Wow, fireworks, and woodland critters, AND snow? Quite a mix today, Dan. I like!