Moo If You Want Another Beer

For the love of beer

The perfect place and beverage to share some casual conversation.

“Do you still own a pickup?”

“I haven’t owned a pickup since 2002…why”

“I need to move some stuff out of one storage area into another one.”

“And, again…why?”

“There’s a new place that just opened up, and they have two year rates that are $10 lower than what I’m paying now.”

“Why don’t you just get rid of that stuff and save the whole amount?”

You sound like my wife.”

You boys want something to drink?”

“I’ll have a Yuengling.”

“Make that two.”

“Dammit, I wanted to order some wings, today.”

You can order them after I finish my beer.”

“I knew you were going to say that. You’re putting me in a bad mood.”

“I’ll drink it faster today.”

“We’ll see. Anyway, I wish you hadn’t asked about my pickup, now I’m thinking about how much I miss it.”

“You miss having a truck?”

“I miss that truck.”

“What was so special about that truck? – Wait, I didn’t mean that. Tell me one thing that was special about that truck.”

“It didn’t have air conditioning.”

“Oh, sure, I’d miss that…not.”

“It didn’t even have power windows, but it had vent windows and a split back window, and it was huge fun to drive.”

“I said, one thing. And, I bet it was hot in the summer.”

“Not really, it wasn’t like today’s cars, it was meant to be driven with the windows down.”

You mean it didn’t go ‘whumpa-whumpa-whumpa’ when you drove?”

“Exactly!”

“Still, with the AC on, you’re comfortable and you can listen to music or have a nice conversation.”

You can’t moo at cows.”

“What are you, seven?”

“I love mooing at cows.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, ask my wife and daughter.”

You mean you used to moo at them when your daughter was little. I can see that.”

“No, I still moo at cows.”

“That’s stupid.”

“It’s not stupid, it’s fun. I even once had a cow moo back at me.”

“That’s funny. Oooh, do you have that app that identifies songs?”

“Soundhound, yes.”

“Quick, scan this one for me.”

“You’re kidding, right? That’s the Supremes.”

“I know that, but what song is it?”

“All of them. It doesn’t matter, they’re all the same.”

“I was gonna put these beers on the house, but not after that comment.”

“I take it you like the Supremes, Cheryl.”

“I do. For the record, that’s ‘Where Did Our Love Go?’ – somewhat appropriate for the moment…Dan.”

“Nice going chief.”

“Sheesh, who knew?”

“What’s that thing your family says…why do you speak?”

“She’ll get over it.”

“Well, just in case she doesn’t, you’re paying today.”

“That won’t be so bad, you’ll have had one beer and we’ll never get to order any food.

“Did you boys mention food?”

“I’m getting hungry, but Mr. Onebeer is still nursing his Yuengling.”

“We’ve covered this before, I don’t guzzle, like you.”

“I don’t guzzle, I drink at a normal pace.”

You want another?”

“Yes, thanks Cheryl.”

“It’s not going to work.”

“What?”

“Being polite, you were hatin’ on the Supremes.”

“I’m sorry. What if I stop, in the name of love?”

“Nice try. That was one of my favorites. Here’s your beer.”

“One of your favorites? What was your favorite Supremes song?”

“If I must choose… Can’t Hurry Love…yeaaahhhh…”

“Isn’t that the one the Phi Collins released in the 80’s”

“Yeah, but there’s nothing like the original. Diana Ross had such a good voice.”

“OK Cheryl. I think we’re ready to put those wings in.”

“Are you sure, he’s still has a lot of that beer.”

“He’s done, it’s mostly spit at this point.”

“Whaaaat? Why would you say that?”

“Each time you sip, a little spit goes back in.”

“Cheryl, give me a glass of Meiomi, please.”

“Finished so soon?”

This visit to the bar has been part of Linda G. Hill’s challenging weekly series: Stream of Consciousness Saturday.

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “moo.” Base your post on the word “moo” or a word that rhymes with it. Bonus points if you actually use the word “moo” in your post. Have fun!

Five of the photos in the gallery are Faith’s. See if you can guess which ones they are. I’ll give you some of my bonus points if you’re right.

For the Supremes fans who are moaning about all the songs stuck in your head, here’s Cheryl’s favorite. By the way, check out Cheryl’s latest contribution.

This entry was posted in Humor, SoCS, If having a beer and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to Moo If You Want Another Beer

1. You’re on a roll here, Dan, and it made me smile. We’ve been talking about possibly buying a pickup, the air conditioning went out on our van this week, I was a fan of the Supremes back in the day, and growing up summers on my grandparents’ small dairy farm, I really like cows. Home run post for me, and I didn’t even mention the beer. :-)

I’m glad you enjoyed this Judy. I had checked with Cheryl about the Supremes because I didn’t want to get into real trouble. I figured there would be other fans out there. Glad you’re also a cow girt at heart. I switched to an SUV after that pickup. I miss it sometimes, but not often enough to switch back. I don’t really have the need. I have a 4×8 utility trailer for larger items. Have a great weekend!

2. Gwen Plano says:

That was a fun adventure! Being a “farm girl” I liked all the cow references and the photo collection. Great job…

We always moo when we see cows! Even with the windows up. That was one of the good things about our drive from KC to Lincoln. Not a lot to look at in Missouri and Ohio, but there were cows and horses! While I will concede that many of the Supremes’songs sounded alike, it was no different than a lot of groups, say Styxx or Foreigner. It is easy to identify their sound. The Supremes songs always made me feel giddy and want to dance. But, like all of the groups and bands I love, they are in a constant shuffle mode in my iPod. I like variety! We had quite a few pickup trucks over the years, specially in our early nomad days. Even a small Ford Ranger was great and came in handy for moving things and small household purchases. My dream is to own an old chevy pickup, red preferably.
    PS. Why are some of the words and beginning letters of words in bold blue? Or is that a glitch of my ipad?

My cousins played Supremes and a lot of other Motown records back-to-back, endlessly. I do think they had great voices, and I don’t mind hearing them in the mix. I was trying to indicate the words/parts of words that rhyme with moo. I should have introduced the prompt earlier. I realized this morning that it didn’t make a lot of sense, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, and…no editing. Although I think Linda would let that slide.

Nd thanks for the song! Think I’ll click and dance now. 😊

5. You too? I’ve been known to moo at a cow. Once. Or Twice.

6. Jennie says:

I love this, Dan. The Supremes… Ahhh!

7. Loved this one, Dan. I can see why Mini Moos is a hit.

8. Hahaha! I had a whole heard of cattle mooing in my head. Nice work, Dan. I’ll be mooooving along now. Time for more sinus meds. Although I’m sounding a lot more like a giant frog than a cow. LOL. Moo-ribit. Hugs

9. I moo at cows too. People that don’t are not my tribe. And I totally get the old truck. Always love the bar days.

10. Thank you for this. I showed it to my husband as proof that I’m not the only adult who moos at cows.

Add me to the list of moo-ers.
    … and I quack at ducks.

This is one of those wonderful times that blogging proves no matter how quirky, there is someone out there who’s on the same page! Fun post with all the cow photos :)

The apples post with cow hiding and the last one with the bull with horns are Faith’s. I am not sure about other ones! Do I get two of the five bonus points?
    Dan, I can relate to missing a vehicle and also mooing at cows. I am the family’s “animal whisperer.” For example, I took a “mental health” sick day off, went to the zoo. My oldest daughter, her Daniel (boyfriend-partner) and Skyler with Micah were frustrated at this red panda, so cute like a fox. It was running back and forth on a log. I used my baby talking voice, “Hi baby, whatcha doing? Come here.” Then I made kissing noises and a clicking noise. “What’s the matter, baby?” What do you know it stopped, came all the way to the edge of the water moat, sat down and looked at us with the sweetest face ever! :) I talk to almost any animals, have mentioned on posts about alpacas, dogs and birds. There are probably squirrels and ducks who remember the whole grain bread I throw to them but maybe they know my voice. (?) :D
    Have a wonderful weekend, if you celebrate Happy Easter! 🐰🐣🌼

You get bonus points Robin. All the photos of the bull at Sturbridge Village are courtesy of Faith. I’m glad to know you can talk to the animals. I click at squirrels to get them to look at me for photos.

13. What do you say if you see a moose? Nice pics.

Whoa! This is one of those so very few times where I am speechless. Fantastic post. yes, I was mooved by this. Totally.

That horrible sound when one of the kids wants their windows down and we don’t. Omaword. While I think it’s cool you moo at cows, I don’t. I bok-bok at chickens.
    I feel like the photos of the black and white cow are Faith’s. Particularly the one where the cow is emerging from shrubbery. She’s good at odd angles and left framing. Great barn shot — hidden cow a perk :)

I’m going to take a wild guess and say Faith’s photos are the ones labeled FMA. All great photos, except for a heavy dependence on Mini-Moos. I prefer the cowses and the barnses.

I noted Faith’s photos under the individual photos and I didn’t read the comments first. Do I win anything?

My ex and I were on a motorcycle trip one year and in Kansas. We stopped to take a photo and the ex noted a large herd of beef across a large field and started mooing at them. Within minutes, they started moving toward us, which I thought hilarious. It’s too bad I didn’t have a smart phone with video option at the time. I don’t moo at cows. I don’t want them to have any expectations of me.

I miss vent window too.

No, don’t guzzle. I’m with you there. If you drink a good beer and not some cheap swill, you should savor it, not shotgun it.

20. Sharukh Bamboat says:

Have you ever moo a cow? Or a buffalo? My sister had a buffalo and she would talk to me when I made moo-ing sounds. So far I have no idea what the heck we talked about.