One-Liner Wednesday – The Big Game

I’m sure by now most of my regular readers know that my weekend routine includes a walk with Maddie. You’re also aware that I take as many photos as the dog will allow. What you may not know is that  I like to imagine the conversations the birds and squirrels might be having.

If that didn’t scare you away, I’d encourage you to take a quick run through the gallery for the conversation I think is happening on baseball fields in two parks that are across the street from each other.

I’ll bet those knuckleheads went to the wrong park…again!

Aerial coverage provided by this guy. I hope one of my bird buddies can help me identify him.

“These guys are supposed to find the strike zone? They can’t even find the right park.”

This post is part of Linda G. Hill’s fun weekly series One-Liner Wednesday. You can follow this link to see the one-liners from the other participants.

This entry was posted in Animals, Humor, One Line Wed and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – The Big Game

Lol. That park has a lotta rules. 😀

Those birds are so chatty. What makes them think that THEY are in the right field? I mean center. At least Mr. Squirrel has enough sense to go to the Nut Barn before the game and fill his cheeks; waiting for those darn birds to gather and make a couple of teams might take awhile.

I have never seen geese on the ball field before. Those two looked totally lost. I wanted to point to Canada and tell them that their buddies came through last week. I wish I had a video, the crow kept going up to second base as if he was tagging up. Thanks for the pre-game comment.

3. No problem for me. I walk by the farm animals here and wonder what they’re talking about all the time. :-) When they suggest we seek help, maybe we can get adjoining rooms. :-)

Is fun allowed at that park?

I like the captions you put on your photos after a Maddie walk.
    I was wondering who the crows were waiting for and laughed when the geese showed up.

6. Oh Dan – “Maybe they’re at the filed over there.” -Filed?

7. John Hric says:

Dan, The aerial coverage looks to be a vulture. Keep scaring us with the conversation. Happy hump day !

8. Excellence says:

A good post and park !!! and The click to tweet going to put on my sight . I hope it makes a difference and it will help to make it easier for others to share on that platform, too. –Thanks.

9. Overhead coverage courtesy of the Turkey Vulture, I think.
    Home run, Dan! Thanks.

10. JoAnna says:

“Use of parks by groups with permission only,” brings up all kinds of questions for me. I wonder if the crows know about this. Maybe they are the ones who give the permission.

Ha! The ball field conversations are hilarious! So….they have someone patrolling this park for any rule-breakers? Geez! Birds similar to that crowd our skies and they are hawks. Others say vultures, so I am not sure. Only thing I know is that I am always so impressed with their awesome wingspan.

I was going to guess hawk but either way, I won’t be breaking the rules. The police do a drive-by every now and then but plenty of rule broken in those parks. Thanks for listening :)

12. Actually, I was quite aware of the fact that you have the ability to know what the animals are thinking. These are some of my favorite things to read on your blog.
    “You sure this is the right field?” Right field? I’m playing short stop.” :) love this!

That was a cute post :)
    I think the squirrel pre-eating was perfect!

14. The squirrel eating out before the game is a smart one. The conversation with birds is funny. I loved your captions.

I believe it’s a Turkey Vulture on aerial security duty by the wings and head shapes.

15. Haha! Terrific, Dan. Great captions and photos. I find that crows in particular (as birds go) can be brilliant conversationalists. ;) Hugs

16. Great post, Dan!

17. Great to see the birds have formed up a team. That vulture will provide the aerial view. Is the team named the CT Blackbirds with geese?

18. LindaGHill says:

Great photos, Dan! You do realize though, that birds and squirrels don’t speak the same language… :P

That squirrel ought to hang out with the crow who knows where the free sunflower seeds are!

Although I have been a non-smoker for over fifteen years now, I would not limit someone else’s desired for a cigarette in a park. It is not the culprit of smog by a long shot.

21. Your commentary made me giggle. Thanks for the walk, Dan.

22. I must say “No Golfing Allowed” isn’t something I see on park signs nearby. Perhaps Windsor Locks had a specific issue with wayward duffers in the past?!

The knuckleheads comment is how I feel when I enter a place where I’m meeting friends and think at least one of them should have “beat” me there!
    The right park and strike zone was a great second liner, Dan! :D

Hmmm. There’s a “no smoking for anyone under 18 years of age” rule AND a blanket “no smoking” sign. Hard to say what an over-18 smoker should do!