One-Liner Wednesday – Nothing?

Last week, I had a follow-up visit with my primary care physician to discuss the results of my MRI. The MRI was ordered to (hopefully) rule out the possibility of a tumor on my ear nerve. I know, that’s not medically specific, but as you see below, who knows?

It’s one of those

Anyway, based on my answers to my wife’s questions after my first visit – which largely consisted of: “I didn’t ask that…” and “I’m not sure…” and “I forgot…” – she decided to go with me.

The doctor came in. He reviewed the situation to-date, and then he took out the report from the radiologist. His choice of phrasing, given that the MRI was of my brain, was probably a med school classic:

We didn’t find anything remarkable.”

Thanks Doc!

They didn’t let me bring my iPhone into the MRI, so a couple of random photos is the best I can do today. I know, I don’t need photos, but I like sharing them here because I get better feedback than I do on Flickr.

This post is part of Linda G. Hill’s fun weekly series One-Liner Wednesday. You can follow this link to see the one-liners from the other participants.

This entry was posted in Family, Humor, One Line Wed and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Nothing?

1. In this case, nothing remarkable is a really good diagnosis. :-) In the old days, you had an X-ray, these days it seems like an MRI is the first test ordered. Interesting. Love Maddie’s Thundershirt, and I haven’t seen an empty seat on a plant in so many years I can’t remember.

Thanks Judy – I’m sorry, but this comment got tangled up in my spam folder along with another one from you. The Thundershirt works really well, not as good as ThunderDad, but close. I think that empty seat next to me was a first in over a year.

Nothing remarkable in the MRI, eh? Your Doc doesn’t read your posts, huh? haha
    It’s a foregone conclusion that you’d get better remarks here than on Flicker!!!

Nothing, nothing at all. My wife suggested that she could have told them that. Yeah, Flickr is becoming the place I put my pictures so I can find them again for a blog post. I’m guessing Verizon will put it out of its misery.

3. Oh, I just laughed when I read the part about nothing remarkable here. I know it’s a good thing. Your pictures and captions are funny too. Great sense of humor you have there.

Thanks for including “I want your attention” Mimi. I’m also very glad your head is not remarkable, and I mean that in a positive, nice and relief type of way.

Thanks Mary. We’re working on a wing and a prayer solution to the problem in my ear, but it was good to hear that nothing remarkable was found. Of course if he had added, “besides your massive brain…” I wouldn’t have complained :)

MiMi gets the attention she needs, quietly. Her sister sits on the floor and screams “brush me!”

5. quiall says:

Well, we all think you are remarkable! Hence the remarks.

6. So pleased they didn’t find anything remarkable :)

7. Sometimes not finding anything remarkable cannot be bested. Great news! I know what you mean about better feedback. When you find an online community that does that so well, plenty of all the rest fails by comparison. And I have never heard of a Thundershirt for dogs! :o Bestia needs one for New Year’s.

The good news and bad news with your MRI result – amused, relieved, and disappointed all at the same time!
    I think your iPhone just punk’d you ;)

9. LindaGHill says:

Here’s to remarking on something that’s unremarkable! :D Great pictures, but no cranes? What did they do to you in that MRI? Where’s Dan? I wanna know!! ;)

10. “Nothing remarkable” That’s a good news/bad news scenario… no “T” but then what?
    Cheers to Wednesday Dan. I raise a glass of water – actually, here, you can have mine.

Thanks Maggie. I don’t mind being the butt of that joke, the news was very good to hear. On the other hand, finding nothing remarkable leaves me in a state of “we’re really not sure what’s going on…” I’ll take the water to wash down the Prednisone they’ve started me on.

11. Nothing remarkable is a good report. Nice to hear. Loved the photos. Poor Maddie and thunderstorms.

It’s always hard to deal with a non-diagnosis when you’re suffering with a problem, but it’s such good news when they rule out something dangerous and serious. Unfortunately so much of life is trial and error, including in the medical realm. But for every bad thing they rule out, just say “Thank you, Jesus!” and keep pressing on. Hope that whatever is wrong will be discovered soon, and that it’s a safe and easy fix, Dan!

Thanks Wendy – You’re absolutely right about the process. It’s complicated and frustrating, but we are moving along and making progress. Very slow progress, but progress.

“I didn’t ask that…” and “I’m not sure…” and “I forgot…”

Yup, we all know how that works.

14. Steve Weissman says:

Besides hoping your ear story ends happily — and affirming that we all think you’re remarkable! — I have to point out that it’s likely the airplane seat WAS occupied before you boarded, but the occupant was forcibly removed from it.

Ha ha = Thanks Steve. You might be right. When we were getting ready to board, they kept saying “this is a completely full flight” in an effort to get us to check our bags. Once we got on the plane, Oh, it’s not really full. I didn’t check the tarmac for bodies.

Not fun to go through that, Dan, I know. Praying that all will go well for you and that all of your future check-ups find nothing “remarkable”.

16. Sorry to hear about your health scare. It is not fun. It is good to know what is going on and not have to worry. What is happening with your ear?

Well that is ecxellrnt news, or however we’re spelling it now. :)

This is great Dan. Unremarkable. I always doubt the accuracy of an MRI anyway. 😉I can’t find time to post this week. 😱

19. Aside from the obvious relief, that’s SO funny! Especially since he’s talking about your brain. He wins the one-liner award for this week!

20. Good news for what they were trying to rule out…one has to chuckle with that phrase when it refers to ones brain area….glad it turned out ok…best to you!!

21. John Holton says:

Always nice to hear your doctor thinks you’re unremarkable…

22. Well Dan… I’m glad your prognosis was good — if insulting. :D As for MiMi, remember — you’re nobody until a cat has turned its back on you(r blog). Mega hugs!

23. Val Boyko says:

Whew!! You are still remarkable in other ways Dan. ❤️
    Thank you for the foodie and Maggie shots!

24. jolynnpowers says:

so I am guessing you are experiencing a hearing loss… hopefully the loss is revered with the help of steroids..If not then you and I can sit side by side and try to put our good ears towards the crowd and fill in each other when things get tough… I still have some hearing loss due to that period of strep throat I had…. did you have a virus at any time lately?? Hope you are hearing better soon!

You are correct, JoLynn. This is sudden and likely due to nerve damage from exposure to construction noise in the building where I work. Hopefully it will clear up eventually. I am on prednisone now and crossing my fingers. I hope you eventually regain your hearing.

25. dennyho says:

I understand how exciting that phrase can be! Congrats on nothing new going on.

26. As a fellow one-ear wonder, I can relate to your current situation. I hope you are able to clear it up with time and treatment. “Unremarkable” ranks up there with “… for your age.”

27. Unremarkable is good in Dr. speak. I’m so glad and hope your hearing returns in that ear!

I liked that you found the comment humorous. Now, we can feel free to chuckle a bit! ;)
    The last photo of takeoff with the sunrise is very pretty, Dan.
    Maddie being scared of the thunderstorm made me remember my Labrador retriever mix named Toby. He was a very good dog but wanted up in bed during storms. My SIL let’s my brother have big Golden retriever Hamlet on the bed, when she’s out of town, but he sent me a photo with my niece’s two beagles and my Mom’s younger dog (dachshund-beagle mix) All up on the bed! Mom’s older dog, Nicki lives there, too. She cannot jump up since she may be 14-15 years old now. I rambled, oh well! :) Hope you have a great rest of the week, Dan, Maddie, MiMi and the Editor.

29. anjali says:

Great Article!…

30. J-Dub says:

I think your brain is remarkable 😊

31. Don’t ‘cha love the medical community using that word “remarkable” in conjunction with imaging?Always has sounded to me like a wishy-washy, leave-the-door open opinion. Best wishes for getting that hearing all the way back.

Maddie looks bee-you-tee-ful in her Thundershirt! I need to get me one, ’cause I’m scared when it thunderstorms, too!