Huh? Dan doesn’t do awards. Well, truth be told, Dan almost always
does plans to thinks about doing wishes he had done – Oh, who am I kidding, Dan doesn’t do awards. So, why on earth is the first and likely only award I’m ever going to deal with, is one where I was nominated by a young woman, Emily Susanne, whose tag line is:
“Growing in God and Inspiring Young Women Through Faith and Fashion”
I mean the God part works for me, but the rest is a bit off the mark.
Emily writes “Fearfully Wonderfully Me.” I think I met Emily when I was hosting Just-Jot-January for Linda G. Hill, and I think I was attracted to her blog by the title. Since the format of this award is similar to others, I thought I could satisfy a bunch of them in one post. I’ll put all the rules and junk at the bottom, or, better yet, go read Emily’s blog. She has all that stuff listed. See, this is why I don’t do awards, I stink at following directions.
Anyway, I’m supposed to tell you three things about myself. Well, these won’t surprise anyone, but here we go:
1) I am married. I have a lovely/loving wife, a beautiful daughter who is on her own, and my wife and I share our house with two Tuxedo cats and one dopey Irish Setter.
2) I enjoy photography, woodworking, cranes, trains and planes and I like riding my bike (the pedal kind).
3) I was born, raised, educated in and permanently aligned with the sports teams of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Let’s Go Pens!
Now, I have to answer Emily’s five questions:
1. Would you rather skydive or bungee jump (if you had to choose)?
I’m going to go with neither. I like stable platforms on which to stand and in which to travel. I guess, if I was in a plane that was going to crash, I’d try a parachute. How’s that?
2. Name a pet peeve of yours.
“A pet peeve?” I guess that means one. OK, I’m going to go with “when people are mean.” That covers a lot of ground, but if you’re being mean, to people, animals, the earth, God or yourself, I’m not happy with you.
3. What do you like to do to relax?
Of all the things I like to do, writing is the thing that helps me relax. People often comment that I’m organized and dedicated to this writing stuff – me, organized? – but it’s a selfish pursuit.
4. What is something you’ve learned over this past year?
The plural of dilemma is dilemmata. Seriously, I have a draft blog post of the stuff I’ve learned this year, and that one of them. I learned that from Marian Allen. You can learn a bunch of stuff from her.
5. What’s your favorite summertime treat?
Ice cream. Specifically, a Flurry from The Dairy Cream in Windsor Locks, made with chocolate soft-serve and chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Here’s where I’m supposed to nominate 10 – 20 of you. I know that a lot of you don’t do awards, so I’ll offer five questions as a writing prompt. Do the award, do the questions – your choice. As Linda would say, “have fun!” Before I get to that, I want to thank Emily. I like her blog, I sometimes skip the fashion tips, although I do need to learn how to accessorize better. OK, here are your five questions:
1) If you’re no longer living where you were born, would you like to return? If you are living there, have you ever thought about moving?
2) Coke or Pepsi?
3) Continuing Emily’s theme a bit, what’s one thing you hope to learn in 2017?
4) How much money would I have to offer to get you to do an Algebra word problem in front of a live audience?
5) What was the last natural disaster that you were affected by? (None is an acceptable answer, and you’ve lived a magical life).
Comments are enabled today, but I will be very late in responding. As always, thanks so much for stopping by No Facilities. By the way, the Gallery might be a bit of a mystery – I’ll explain at some point.