One-Liner Wednesday – Code Compromised

“We’re going to go sit, right? We’re going to sit? Are we? We are, aren’t we?”

Many of you know that Maddie either bruised or pulled something a few weeks ago while jumping out of a chair. This was accompanied by a panic attack, the effects of which lingered longer than the physical pain.

We appreciate all the kind comments, thoughts and prayers for our little redhead, and I am pleased to report that Maddie has recovered nicely. She is still a little subdued, but she’s back barking in the windows, laying on the couch, walking and, of course, sitting. In fact, sitting was the one thing that kept Maddie grounded during the weeks it took her to recover.

Sometimes, we shake our heads at the simple things Maddie can’t seem to learn. At other times, we are amazed by what she seems to know.

“I’m going to put the C O T in front of the B E N C H so we can S I T
for a W H I L E.”

“I think she K N O W S.”

I guess I need to find that thesaurus.

This post is part of Linda G. Hill’s fun weekly series One-Liner Wednesday. You can follow this link to see the one-liners from the other participants. The video below is especially for Joey and Sadie.

This entry was posted in One Line Wed, Pets and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Code Compromised

1. :D Attack of “The Sniff!” And I love the head-on-leg pose, Bestia does it too.

2. I haven’t seen an Irish Setter dog since I was in high school. My friend and her family had one. She was quite beautiful and what a nice dog she was.Thanks for sharing on one-liner-Wednesday pics of your dog. I love dogs, but an allergist told me I am allergic to them. However, I stayed by my sister’s for two weeks who has a black short-haired dog and yes she sheds. I had no allergic reactions. Me thinks it was a false reading or maybe I would need to be around a dog for a longer period of time.

Thanks. We’ve had Irish Setters for over 30 years. Maddie is a handful, but we do love her. In theory, Irish Setters don’t shed – they don’t have an undercoat – but they do lose hair, so it’s not the magic bullet one would hope for.

3. We haven’t owned a dog since the cross country move so I appreciate your sharing your very special Maddie with us this Wednesday. Glad she is feeling better and is back to sitting on her special cot. It may be gray, gloomy, damp, and rain approaching, but my day has started off with a smile. Thank you. :-)

Thanks Judy. On Monday, we came inside after it started to rain a bit. Maddie immediately pointed to the cot on the porch. I said: “It’s raining! We are not sitting in the rain.” She wouldn’t care. She would sit out there all day if we let her, but she won’t sit by herself.

Maddie is so adorable with her Scooby-Doo blankie. So sweet! I’m glad she is feeling B E T T E R and that she has access to her C O T and the fresh air. You can give her a pat or scratch for me and tell her she’s a good girl.

Awww….yay…..awww…lol…..awwww….she loves more than sitting outside as plain to see in the way she looks at her photographer. Great post Dan!

She has you wrapped around her paw. I’m sensing that the whole unconditional love thing goes both ways with you two <3
    Glad to hear she has recovered from her injury – just in time for the warmer weather. It is going to get warmer eventually, right? Right ?!

Maddie is cute, Dan, but obviously I came here for the blanket. Lol!

8. Anonymous says:

SO gad she is getting back to her old adorable self Dan 💕

She is such a beautiful girl. Hard to resist those eyes, isn’t it?

10. I’m not a dog person. But an Irish Setter did share a house with me for several years. I loved that dog. Your Maddie reminds me of Trapper – I’m glad that she has (more-or-less?) recovered.

11. I’m so glad to hear Maddie is getting better! I hope she continues to improve and recovers from what ails her fully.

Her Scooby Doo blankie and her….AWWWWW!

Thanks Deborah. She’s doing pretty well. We had a full weekend of walks, starting with a short “exploratory” one on Saturday and ending with a complete romp through the park on Monday. The Mrs. took her on their walk (different route than mine) on Tuesday.

The blanket was rescued from the Goodwill bag while cleaning my mom’s apartment. Maddie seems to like it.

12. You have the most beautiful redhead at your house, Dan. I’m glad she’s on the mend. She’s precious. I enjoyed the commentary. :)

Why can’t people lick their nose like that? Dogs have all the advantages. (sigh)

14. Maddie is a delight, Dan. … Cats may be in danger of losing their reign over the Internet… Hugs.

15. Steve Weissman says:

Great dog! And for the record, I like to sit and stare and sniff, too.

That sure was some good sniffin! I could tell. :)
    I’m glad Maddie’s healing.
    I believe Sadie can spell some as well. Dog, Out, Bath, and Walk, to name a few. They’re smarties!

17. So glad Maddie is well again. Loved the photos.

18. Maggie is a beauty! Your spelling story reminded me of the dog we had when I was in high school. He was an Australian Shepard and smart as a whip. We used the word “walk” until he figured it out, then we spelled it out until he learned that too. Finally my parents started to say “oriental cooking device” (wok) instead. That worked for awhile.

19. April Munday says:

She’s very regal in the video. Clearly, she’s a very superior dog.

She would be happy to hear you say that. Actually, as far as the breed standards go, she comes up short. But, she has pretty good hunting instincts and she’s very agile. And, we love her regardless, so…

20. Liu Min says:

Aha! Love that Sniff too! I catch our dog Marley doing that a lot too, and even found him dream-running earlier today! I think Maddie does that too right? They are just too adorable! Maddie looks like a queen sitting in her throne….too cute! :)

What a sweet, pretty girl! Look at that nose workin’, suckin’ in those smells! :)

22. John Holton says:

She’s adorable.

Oh, Dan, I missed Maddie getting hurt and I am so relieved she is OK now. Just loved the gallery, the Star of course being Maddie. My fav pic is the one of Maddie asleep on the couch next to your legs, at least I am assuming those are your legs. Love the socks. LOL 😂

Thanks Amy. That’s a frequent spot for us on the weekend, after our walk. She likes to be confined, and she tucks in between me and the back of the couch. My wife’s legs aren’t long enough. It’s good to have a purpose in life :-)

• AmyRose🌹 says:

I agree. About a purpose. There are times I actually flounder feeling quite lost until I return to simple and purpose. This world at large has gone bonkers and when I’m in certain situations I can’t wait to get back home to simple and purpose. 😁

24. Val says:

She’s such a lovely dog. I’ve been away from my blog for a while so hadn’t seen the post about her injury but am glad she’s getting better.

Thanks Val. She wasn’t badly hurt, but it scared her and that shook her up for quite some time. She has some neurological issues, so we weren’t too surprised that it took so long for her to work through the scare. Shes mostly back to being her normal self.

25. I am so glad to know she is on the mend. Pets and babies — they can’t tell us and we can’t explain to them, so it is worrisome.

26. C.E.Robinson says:

OMG…Love this! (chuckling) Maddie’s a charmer. 🐾 My dogs can spell too! 🐶 Your One Liner Logo is awesome, Dan! 🌺🌷🌸 Christine

27. Dan Hen says:

She seems a bit pampered . Even I don’t have a cot , etc. , but then again , I’m not so cute .

I’m not sure I’ll get as good of treatment, should I ever need it ;-)

The cot is really for us. She’d be happy on the ground, but then we have to deal with everything that attaches to her.

28. kabsetters says:

Maddie is beautiful! Loved the post and all her pics :)