Serendipity #CFFC

During a recent trip to Pittsburgh, we stopped to visit my mother’s grave. We were driving out of the cemetery when I spied this. I had to back up and snag a picture. I thought I’d have to hang onto it for a long time before finding a use, but Cee changed my plans. Her Fun Photo Challenge this week is “Tombstones or Cemeteries” – I couldn’t resist posting on a Tuesday – Thanks Cee!

I guess this guy was a tree lover.

This entry was posted in Cee's Fun Foto, Humor, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Serendipity #CFFC

1. Ruth says:

Serendipity indeed – that’s a great tombstone! :-)

2. Nice one! But the guy could also have been a dog lover. 😄

Wow. I might like that if I were being planted Dan. Think I’d prefer something planting a real tree over my grave though, 😉

4. Great match for the theme. Don’t you find it amazing that sometimes things click just so perfectly?

5. That’s different. Sure does make me want to know more about this Donaldson (or is it Gilmore?) person.

6. This takes the term, tree hugger, to a whole new level. :-)

Nice find :) I always enjoy the more original, more artistic markers.

A Tuesday post? I almost missed this!

That’s a very unique tombstone. I’d like to know the story behind the tree. It has to be a good one!

9. hilarymb says:

Hi Dan – incredible tying in of moments. That is an incredible ‘tombstone’ or monument to I guess as you mention a prodigious tree lover. In the old cemetery here – when I’ve walked through … I’ve been amazed at the creativeness of the tombstones … I expect your mother would be somewhat surprised at what came about after your visit to her resting place … but I’m sure she’d have laughed too – cheers Hilary

Thanks Hilary. I think she would have chuckled. When I explained why I was taking pictures of her neighbor’s apartment doors (Thursday Doors) she said: “well, if you want pictures of interesting doors, you need to go down that end…”

Puts a whole new look on the term, ‘getting planted’!!

Nice! I would have backed up too for a photo of this one :)

12. Cee Neuner says:

Wonderful photo. I like the tree headstone.

13. Jennie says:

Now, that is one of a kind!

Serendipity and serenity. I think serenity is only found in cemeteries.