One-Liner Wednesday – Where?

Part of our birthday present to Faith was a weekend road-trip to Pittsburgh for a Pirates baseball game and some other ‘burgh stuff. For the ballgame, we parked on the west side of the Monongahela River and took the Gateway Clipper to PNC Park.

This was also the weekend of the Pittsburgh Regatta. When we bought our Clipper Shuttle tickets they told us that, in order to avoid the regatta boats, the shuttle would dock at Heinz Field instead of PNC Park (about ½ mile walk). When we turned around the Point and headed up the Allegheny, the boat kept going and docked at PNC Park.

As we disembarked, I asked the deckhand if they would be picking us up at PNC, or Heinz. His response was comforting:

“When the game is over, if we’re not here, check up there.”

We got lucky, traffic on the river let them bring our ride home right to the PNC dock. I used to work on those boats and we love riding on them. It’s the best way to get to a ball game.

This post is part of Linda G. Hill’s fun weekly series One-Liner Wednesday. You can follow this link to see the one-liners from the other participants. The gallery is mostly photos from the boat. You can click on any of them to start a slide show.

This entry was posted in Family, One Line Wed, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to One-Liner Wednesday – Where?

It looks like a wonderful weekend and celebration, happy Birthday Faith! Great photos too. Great selfie of you two. I love live baseball. 👏🏻

2. It looks like you two had a perfect birthday weekend. Nice selfie. I hope Pittsburgh appreciates two of their biggest fans. :-)

Happy belated birthday to Faith! Glad you were able to enjoy a sport’s day in Pittsburgh, Dan, with a relaxing ride on the boat and being among your fellow Pirates fans. Looks like you all had an awesome time.

What a great present – it’s one Faith will never forget!!

A father-daughter day sounds like a wonderful birthday gift <3 Great selfie of the two of you!
    My favourite photo is the one taken from under the Ft. Pitt Bridge. Love the composition and lines of this photo :)

6. Frank Hubeny says:

Nice views of Pittsburgh. I usually get lost when I go there. Of course today there’s GPS.

Thanks. The GPS was questionable this weekend, as there were some significant road closures that were only announced last week. We had to look a couple things up on a map, and then force the GPS’s hand by exiting the highway and driving to the point where she stopped trying to get us to get back on.

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I do hope to see a game there one day – it seems like a lovely place to enjoy a game.

What a great way to get to a ball game!

That’s fun :)
    Great selfie, fountain, and bridge photos — I enjoyed reading all the captions.I like thinking about fish gettin fat on rigatoni and au gratin potatoes!

Thanks! Those fish seemed to know when dinner was over on that nightly cruise. I’d never seen a fish eat things that big before. A gig glob of congealed potato and cheese? No problem for those bad boys.

10. Sounds like a great birthday for Faith, regardless of who won. Belated wishes for a happy birthday to her. Hugs.

11. John Holton says:

PNC Park looks really pleasant. Three Rivers, not so much. I went to Three Rivers years ago (circa 1986) and, while it wasn’t a bad experience, there were very few fans in the park and it just didn’t feel right. PNC looks a lot friendlier.

I preferred Forbes Field to Three Rivers. Three Rivers wasn’t horrible for football, but it was awful for baseball, especially if you were in the cheap seats, where every infield pop-up looked like a home run. The Pirates will never fill 50,000+ seats. PNC is comfy-small and really has some nice seats for not a lot of money. I will be sharing some photos from the game at some point, but there were too many to pile them in today.

12. Val Boyko says:

What a great way to go the game … and celebrate Faith’s birthday together 😎

13. What a ride. Thank you, Dan and Faith.

14. JT Twissel says:

We’ve taken the ferry over to AT&T Park to see a game before (across the SF Bay from Oakland to SF) – really a great way to see a game and avoid the traffic.

15. Great series, and One Liner. I liked your selfie, the cityscapes, and Faith’s top. I’m going to look for one for Baby Girl. I think she’d like it too.

Thanks! I asked Faith to reply to your comment. It might take a while. She’s always on the lookout for gear. It’s funny, I rarely take selfies. I took that one but I texted Faith last night to ask her if she could send it to me. She did, and then I realized it was my photo 🙁

16. LindaGHill says:

Sounds like a wonderful day! Love the pictures, especially the nighttime ones. :)

17. Jennie says:

The Clipper Shuttle- this is the best thing ever. Look at all you get to see, beauty not to mention different sports arenas. Boston, you can learn something from Pittsburgh.

18. Happy Birthday, Faith! Looks like a lovely time was had bu all :). I love ferry rides.

19. Something tells me that you might have had more fun celebrating Faith’s birthday but since it was her birthday we won’t say anything and let her think it was her day! Fun photos of your adventure!

20. Glad y’all had fun. Nothing better than being in the city for a game.

21. jesh stg says:

Awesome night shots, Dan! My guess you answered Where?

22. Bee Halton says:

Hi Dan, lovely photos and I hope you had a great day. For some strange reason, I can’t answer your comment on my old blog. On the new one there is a sign up via WordPress now :-) The Bee Writes…

I love the fact you book a Clipper (boat) shuttle and you also took amazing photos of the whole experience. Fish included! It was a remarkable demonstration of how close you and Faith are. I liked the night city scape and the “Sisters.” Those bridges are beautiful, Dan.

24. What a thoughtful and fun birthday gift. Love it when it’s all about the experience that the “stuff.” Happy belated birthday to Faith!