As I mentioned yesterday in my Thursday Doors post, I would like to have a badge for Thursday Doors. I will be using the Thursday Doors badge as a sidebar widget to display the link to my upcoming/current Thursday Doors post, a.k.a. the place where you can link to in your post, but the badge will be available to everyone. Rather than force my vision on all of you, I decided, OK, I stole the idea from Linda G. Hill, to have a contest. The rules and dates are listed below:
- The badge should mention Thursday Doors and be something that conveys a doors-related message. It can be a photo, a drawing, a collage, or anything else that works.
- The image should be applicable to any season, as I plan to use the badge for a year.
- The badge should be square or a little taller than wide. Otherwise, it’s going to be squished to fit in the sidebar.
- It MUST BE an image you have the rights to share and you must be willing and able to extend those rights publicly. I will be inviting everyone to use the badge.
- You may list your name or your blog URL on the image but try not to go overboard – this is about the doors.
- Post the badge image on YOUR blog and leave a link to that post in a comment below on THIS post.
- If you do not have a blog, email the image to noFacilities-at-gmail-dot-com (you know how that works).
- You do not have to be a regular Thursday Doors contributor, but you should have a nodding acquaintance with the challenge. Regular readers are certainly welcome.
- One entry per person. If you submit multiple entries, I will include the last one submitted as your contest entry.
Timing – Your link must be posted or your email must be received by 11:59 pm Thursday, December 31st (North American Eastern Time). Please, please, please don’t drag us into a review of postmarks and arrival times, we’ve had quite enough of that here in the states.
Process – I will assemble the images for review and post a survey for voting on Friday, January 1st. The survey will be open until noon, on Tuesday, January 5th (I need time to add the image to my sidebar).
The voter-selected badge will be unveiled on Thursday, January 7th, the day Thursday Doors returns to normal operation after our holiday break.
Note: If I receive an abundance of entries, I will arbitrarily limit the entries to 10 or perhaps 12, based on the order in which the comments were posted / emails received. I will also discard any images considered inappropriate.
That’s it. If you have any questions, post them below or send me an email.