Welcome to Thursday Doors, a weekly feature allowing door lovers to come together to admire and share their favorite door photos from around the world. Feel free to join in on the fun by creating your own Thursday Doors post each week and then sharing your link in the comments below, anytime between 12:01 am Thursday morning and Saturday noon (North American eastern time).
Reminder: Today is the last Thursday Doors challenge for 2021. Thursday Doors will resume on Thursday, January 6, 2022.
Today’s gallery, after much review, includes my favorite door photos from 2021. I hope other have joined in this tradition (started years ago by Norm) for the last Thursday Doors post of the year. My favorites come from Hartford and Waterbury Connecticut; Old Sturbridge Village; Pittsburgh, PA; and Duluth, MN;
Yes, this is the last week that this challenge will run during 2021. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t have some fun-with-doors during the holidays. Today also marks the start of the context to choose the Thursday Doors Badge for 2022. Create a badge, post it to your blog or send it to me. I’ll arrange the badges for voting and the image will be chosen by the people who like this challenge.
The complete rules are listed below:
- The badge should mention Thursday Doors and be something that conveys a doors-related message. It can be a photo, a drawing, a collage, or anything else that works.
- The image should be applicable to any season, as we will use the badge for a year.
- The badge should be square or a little taller than wide. Otherwise, it’s going to be squished to fit in the sidebar.
- Your entry MUST BE an image you have the rights to share, and you must be willing and able to extend those rights publicly. I will be inviting everyone to use the badge.
- You may list your name or your blog URL on the image but try not to go overboard – this is about the doors.
- Post the badge image on YOUR blog and leave a link to that post in a comment below on THIS post.
- If you do not have a blog, email the image to noFacilities-at-gmail-dot-com (you know how that works).
- You do not have to be a regular Thursday Doors contributor, but you should have a nodding acquaintance with the challenge. Regular readers are certainly welcome.
- One entry per person. If you submit multiple entries, I will include the last one submitted as your contest entry.
Timing – Your link must be posted or your email must be received by 11:59 pm Thursday, December 30th (North American Eastern Time).
Process – I will assemble the images for review and post a survey for voting on Saturday, January 1st. The survey will be open until noon, on Tuesday, January 4th.
The voter-selected badge will be unveiled on Thursday, January 6th, the day Thursday Doors returns to normal operation after our holiday break.
Note: If I receive an abundance of entries, I will arbitrarily limit the entries to 10 or perhaps 12, based on the order in which the comments were posted / emails received. I will also discard any images considered inappropriate.